May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 27, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

coco.jpg

Pixar-Coco-4K-Blu-ray-Image.png

Last edited:
I have spent thousands to upgrade to a 3D setup, only to have the studios dump it. Why would I invest more money into a system that makes actors pores and blemishes look even more pronounced?

I have spent thousands to upgrade to a 3D setup, only to have the studios dump it. Why would I invest more money into a system that makes actors pores and blemishes look even more pronounced?

2 things wrong with this

1- if you begrudge upgrading/moving with the times then why did you ever upgrade from VHS?
2- if you think that's all 4K does then you're very much mistaken. As I've said before the improved resolution isn't what makes UHD a game changer it's HDR

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316
2 things wrong with this

1- if you begrudge upgrading/moving with the times then why did you ever upgrade from VHS?
2- if you think that's all 4K does then you're very much mistaken. As I've said before the improved resolution isn't what makes UHD a game changer it's HDR

In 2 years time, 3D TVs will be completely dead. However Studios will keep churning out 3D disc with probably lossy audio and a lousy encode to deliberately to fizz off 3D consumers and make them adopt 4K.

It is so frustrating that the manufacturers have ditched 3D completely when their players continue to support 3D. Also there is a HDR format cold war (DV VS. HDR10+) which is unnecessarily confusing adopters and if this continues, I expect 4K UHD to implode due to lack of direction.

Having said that, I don't see 3D Projectors dying. So enjoy your 3D discs on big screen.

imo i don't think people would adopt 4K because they can't watch 3D, i think they're 2 different things... most of my friends didn't even watch 3D (they hate 3D to be exact) and they adopt 4K completely as they see the benefits of more resolutions/WCG/HDR...

but i agreed that many things still make consumers still can't decide to go with 4K cause they're confusing, what is HDR10, DV, WCG? let alone that studios still half ass produced only just 2Ki upscaled while they stated clearly "4K UHD" on the packages...

most all tv will play HDR10 and DV. Its not like a choice has to be made. Some of the early 4k tvs might not have had DV though unless they updated the firmware