Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

yesterday I was attending a party held by a local brewery Brekeriet who celebrated 10 month, the door beer almost entirely with bretomyses, but the didn´t just serve their beer they had also bought some other nice things to serve, like

a couple from mikkeller
de cam
cantillon
3F(drie F)

:oohyeah:

just got this in the mail

Gode kunder

Så er den her endelig, Blåbær Lambik 2013 er landet. Salget starter Lørdag Den 10. August klokken 15.00 i Ølbutikken. Man kan købe et sæt pr. person, dvs. 1X37,5 cl og 1x75 cl.

Fra i morgen, den 3. August, vil det være muligt at smage Blåbær Lambikken i Ølbutikken. Vær venligst opmærksom på at tilbudet kun gælder som drink in i Ølbutikken.

Hvis man ikke kan komme forbi Ølbutikken den 10. er det muligt få lagt et sæt til side hvis man mailer til [email protected], men husk nu, da der også skal være nok flasker til de folk der tropper op den 10. er det begrænset hvor mange sæt vi kan reservere.

MVH

Ølbutikken

a rough translation is in the spoiler

I´m happy... happy so happy and for once I´m free that date

:oohyeah:

At long last it's here: Cantillon Blåbær Lambik vintage 2013 will be released next Saturday - AUGUST 10th at 15.00 in Ølbutikken only!
The mythic beer is very limited and can be purchased in a set of 1x75 cl and 1x37 cl bottle. Only 1 set per customer.
But as of tomorrow August 3rd you can enjoy Blåbær Lambik 2013 in Ølbutikken. Please note that the prerelease is "Drink In Only" - no exceptions!

If you unable to attend the happening in Ølbutikken you can make a reservation at [email protected], please inform us when you plan to pick up the beers. Blåbær Lambik cannot be reserved through the webshop.

That sounds awesome!

I had my last (and only) New Glarus Apple Ale yesterday. I was a little upset that it was as good as it was because that made the pain of one exploding in the freezer even more painful. **Disclaimer - I don't follow the "beer must be ice cold" thought process. We put it up there to cool it off a little so we could drink it sooner. Unfortunately, life happens, and we forgot about it.**

this was posted on Ølbutikken facebook site with the caption

"It's a tuff job, but somebodys got to do it." :oohyeah:

270326_576174069095317_1811097154_n.jpg

a new importer just started up in sweden, so far they have brought in beers from the following Hanssens, De Cam, Vapeur, The Monarchy

:LOL: yeahh, more sour **** for us swedes :oohyeah:

Last edited:
a new importer just started up in sweden, so far they have brought in beers from the following Hanssens, De Cam, Vapeur, The Monarchy

:LOL: yeahh, more sour **** for us swedes :oohyeah:

I really need to get more sours. My sour stockpile consists of one NG Berliner Weiss that I got from Mobius (I'm aging it like you suggested), a Upland Raspberry Lambic also from Mobius, and a 750mL Gueuze Tilquin. I'm really thinking that I might branch out and try brewing a Berliner or a Flanders Red once I get going again. I might even try making some wine or cider. Perennial should be releasing their Peach Berliner Weiss soon. I'm looking forward to that.

I took a trip to one of the monopoly stores today to buy some more came home with another

6x Nøgne Ø Dark Horizon 4 Edition almost $14 for 250ml is price but the beer will only get better for each year and not brewed again
1x Sierra Nevada Harvest Southern Hemisphere (might be old since it takes it sometime to get here )
1x North Coast Old Stock Ale
2x Nynäshamns Ångbryggeri Arketyp (collab with Dogfish Head)
4x Nøgne Ø Tindved (brewed with buckthorn fruits)
2x To Øl Sans FrontièreWhite Wine ed

also visited to bars, at the later one I talked to the new importer(mentioned in a prior post) who works there as a bartender, he said that the order I put in with them most likely had been packed so now I just have wait for the monopoly store get speed under their shoes. he also mention that most of what they had brought in was running out, it had taken them a little by surprise.

Last edited:
I really need to get more sours. My sour stockpile consists of one NG Berliner Weiss that I got from Mobius (I'm aging it like you suggested), a Upland Raspberry Lambic also from Mobius, and a 750mL Gueuze Tilquin. I'm really thinking that I might branch out and try brewing a Berliner or a Flanders Red once I get going again. I might even try making some wine or cider. Perennial should be releasing their Peach Berliner Weiss soon. I'm looking forward to that.

I should be beaten senseless. I completely forgot that I've got a New Glarus R&D Sour Brown in the basement that Mobius sent me a little while back! It's probably got at least another 6 to 8 months age on it. I might have to pop open my Tilquin or the R&D this weekend. I'm craving sour beers lately for some reason. (Could have something to do with the all of the Cantillon pics from Raspor and the fact that Wreck just moved into an area that Shelton Bros distribute to, and they carry Cantillon.)

I should be beaten senseless. I completely forgot that I've got a New Glarus R&D Sour Brown in the basement that Mobius sent me a little while back! It's probably got at least another 6 to 8 months age on it. I might have to pop open my Tilquin or the R&D this weekend. I'm craving sour beers lately for some reason. (Could have something to do with the all of the Cantillon pics from Raspor and the fact that Wreck just moved into an area that Shelton Bros distribute to, and they carry Cantillon.)

The R&D sour was amazing when I had it a 4 months ago (with about 8 months of aging on it). It got way more tart and didn't lose much flavor wise. I'm sure its even better now! I have one left and can't decide when I'm gonna crack it open. It'll either be soon or I'll wait another 3-4 months.

My beer collection slowly got taken over by sours. Added about 6 bruery sours, the cascades, the crooked staves, new glarus, etc. Which I'm OK with ;)

me, my brother and a friend had a small beer tasting and some food tonight
highlight of the evening

Oude Geuze Golden Blend
Dark Horizon 4th Edition

and since it´s release day of Blåbær 2013 on the 10, I pulled out an Blåbær 2011 from it´s hiding spot so no loons crazed americans can find em, top notch :oohyeah:

Last edited:
A trip to copenhagen for something blue

when this was taken I had already sneaked into the store, the guy with a light blue shirt halfway in there is a work mate and drinking buddy(person responsible for me getting into craft beer and that sour **** one drinks) andthe guy behind him with a red and blue stripped shirt is also a drinking buddy old workmate of my brother, my brother is not seen in the picture but he is in the store

I´ve edited and added pics of the bottles I bought, pic in the spoiler :oohyeah:
Also it also seems they´ve sold out on the first day this year, they still got some for drink in

Attachments

• Blåbær13.JPG
    Blåbær13.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
Blabaer is so overrated :p

this coming from someone whos never had it tho :cool:

CCB released "life is like" today. BA cherry sweet stout. limit 1 at the brewery, and $25. for a beer thats never been brewed, at that price, and to try and rush to get there ASAP, i passed. hoping to find some on tap sometime tho

Blabaer is so overrated :p

this coming from someone whos never had it tho :cool:

CCB released "life is like" today. BA cherry sweet stout. limit 1 at the brewery, and $25. for a beer thats never been brewed, at that price, and to try and rush to get there ASAP, i passed. hoping to find some on tap sometime tho

What is it they say " you can taste the rarity"
:naughty:

got couple of orders incoming, just so I will have enough beers to choose from during my four week vacation, also filling on one last order, can´t decide what the last bottles gone be argh

release day at the monopoly store, came home with the following
2xFuller's Vintage Ale 2013
1xNorth Coast Oliver Twist 20th Anniversary Ale
1xBoulevard Smokestack Series Love Child No 3
1xBoulevard Smokestack Series Saison Brett
1xBallast Point Victory At Sea
2xGreat Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti
1xLeft Hand St. Vrain Tripel
1xStone Imperial Russian Stout
2xEvil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break
2xBrewdog Black Tokyo Horizon
1xBeer Here SoD Baltic Porter
1xSamuel Adams Variety 4 Pack , Imperial Stout, Latitude 48 IPA, Boston Lager,
Noble Pils

Last edited:
time to show you my megahaul, since I went and picked up and unpacked the last two boxes today

picture.php

Nice haul! I've had the Mega Blend before and it was really good.

release day at the monopoly store, came home with the following
2xFuller's Vintage Ale 2013
1xNorth Coast Oliver Twist 20th Anniversary Ale
1xBoulevard Smokestack Series Love Child No 3
1xBoulevard Smokestack Series Saison Brett
1xBallast Point Victory At Sea
2xGreat Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti
1xLeft Hand St. Vrain Tripel
1xStone Imperial Russian Stout
2xEvil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break
2xBrewdog Black Tokyo Horizon
1xBeer Here SoD Baltic Porter
1xSamuel Adams Variety 4 Pack , Imperial Stout, Latitude 48 IPA, Boston Lager,
Noble Pils

Just one Saison Brett? The Biscotti Break and the Sam Adams pack are also really good.

Nice haul! I've had the Mega Blend before and it was really good.

Just one Saison Brett? The Biscotti Break and the Sam Adams pack are also really good.

I´ll start with one, my beer budget is tight after my megahaul, there´s still 83 bottles standing in the store and an 173 in the websaldo of the monopoly store so if I like it I can still get more.

Last edited:
I´ll start with one, my beer budget is tight after my megahaul, there´s still 83 bottles standing in the store and an 173 in the websaldo of the monopoly store so if I like it I can still get more.

Ok. It's a good beer that you can either drink now, or let it sit for a year or two. It's really good either way.

we´re getting this in october from a swedish gypsy brewer

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION(from ratebeer)
On my way to this iconic brewery with a suitcase full of marshmallows I admittedly questioned my good judgement. However, sipping on a glass of this beer I am utterly happy that the purist in me stayed at home.

Omnipollo Hypnopompa is an imperial stout brewed with almost 100 kgs of marshmallows and Tahitian vanilla beans (the size of cigars). Virtually no carbonation and boiled a bit extra for good measure this is a beer strictly for the stout inclined.

Drink now or age for many years.

Henok

&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by a moderator: