March 2023:
All That Heaven Allows (1955)
Magnificent Obsession (1954)

February 2023:
Vivre Sa Vie (1962)
Imitation of Life (1934)

January 2023:
The Breakfast Club (1985)
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
Classic movie label the Criterion Collection is to launch on Blu-ray in the U.K. on April 18 following a multi-year home entertainment distribution pact with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Until now Criterion has only been available in the U.S. and Canada.

SPHE will bring selected titles from Criterion’s extensive catalog and future new release slate to the U.K. for the first time. The first wave of films, featuring all the supplements from the U.S. editions along with their exclusive artwork and packaging, are “Grey Gardens,” “It Happened One Night,” Roman Polanski’s “Macbeth,” “Only Angels Have Wings,” “Speedy” and “Tootsie.”

Criterion Collection chief executive officer Jonathan Turell said: “We are excited to launch the Criterion Collection in the U.K. Starting with these six great titles, we are happy to be able to bring selections from Criterion to our very devoted audience in the U.K. We are thrilled to build upon our strong relationship with Sony and look forward to expanding the Criterion audience.”

“Criterion represents the very best of classic and contemporary filmmaking and we are delighted to bring this prestigious collection to the U.K. for the first time,” added Aodan Coburn, executive VP, international, SPHE. “This partnership demonstrates SPHE’s continued commitment to growing our distribution business.”

Source

Last edited:
Great to see Moonrise Kingdom getting released next month, I just have to hold off for Darjeeling Limited to also be released and bag them both in another 2 for £20 type offer.

Any idea how the "Tokyo Drifters"- film is? What do they mean with "off-beat genre-defying logic"?
I recently picked it up but haven't got around to watching it yet and not sure when I will.

It's got decent reviews though and the trailer interested me, so hopefully I enjoy it!

Thanks mate. Strange that they have Metropolitan listed as a DVD though... Criterion has never been available in the UK on DVD, so obviously must be a mistake.
Yeah, just checked Zoom & Amazon, & both have it listed as Blu-ray.
Hadn't noticed this as being part of the offer before today either.
BTW, wondering if this current offer is going to remain until Black Friday, or if they'll throw some more titles at us....
With everything else going on, I could do with a break :hurting:

Yeah, just checked Zoom & Amazon, & both have it listed as Blu-ray.
Hadn't noticed this as being part of the offer before today either.
BTW, wondering if this current offer is going to remain until Black Friday, or if they'll throw some more titles at us....
With everything else going on, I could do with a break :hurting:
Don't think I'd noticed Metropolitan in the offer until now either, so maybe they are adding more titles.

Oh man, I'd forgotten all about Black Friday! Guess I'll have to cut back on my spending even more. :ohno:

But, yeah... love how they always time these offers to go live on the run up to Christmas. :rolleyes:

Received my copy of Moonrise Kingdom today from Zoom's eBay... really nice digipak, and honestly now one of my favourite looking editions! Happy to see the rating logo was also just a sticker. :D

Reactions: Space Cadet
Price drops at both amazon & HMV....
amazon first -
The Samurai Trilogy £24.40
Lone Wolf & Cub £38.00
The Koker Trilogy £45.60
Zatoichi £125.99

& for £9.99 at HMV -
Shampoo The Life Aquatic Bottle Rocket

@Noodles @snow flake @Hewitt89 @Sigill @Lollard2002 @Unabashed86
Sorry if i missed anyone
Thanks for the heads up! The Koker trilogy is the only one I don't have, so I'm very tempted at that price... can't really afford it right now though.

Hopefully the price drops again at some point... I mean, it's only been out a couple of months and yet it's already dropped, so I'm hopeful. :D

Reactions: Scraggy
Zoom are joining in with selected titles at £12.99

View attachment 455790

The Heiress, Tampopo, Carnival of Souls, Diabolique included here, not in the above list from amazon

@Noodles @snow flake @Hewitt89 @Sigill @Lollard2002 @Unabashed86
Thanks! I'm broke at the moment, so will have to pass. Think I pretty much have all the ones I'm interested in anyway. Are you picking any up mate?

• Friendly
Thanks for the tag @Scraggy! Quite a few of them have already been in the 2 for £20 but I believe there a few new ones in there. I’m gonna have to pass for now and see what other Black Friday deals come up. I never budget well normally so I’m going to take my time with Black Friday this year! Lol. :D

Thanks! I'm broke at the moment, so will have to pass. Think I pretty much have all the ones I'm interested in anyway. Are you picking any up mate?
3 I've been waiting for, Something Wild, My Man Godfrey, & The Awful Truth.
I, too, am feeling the pain moneywise, but was too tempted.
Worried that there may be more, or better deals coming, though.

Reactions: Noodles
3 I've been waiting for, Something Wild, My Man Godfrey, & The Awful Truth.
I, too, am feeling the pain moneywise, but was too tempted.
Worried that there may be more, or better deals coming, though.
Great choices! :thumbs:

Lol I hear ya... I've been avoiding looking at the Black Friday sales so I'm not tempted to spend money I don't have.

• Thanks