Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - 20th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 27 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99
Finish: Glossy w/ no 'bossing

12699771-1194802283066258.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't agree with you - about fans not liking it - as it's showing as Sold Out on the same day that it went up for pre-order . . . granted, limited to 1,000 in the UK must have had something to do with it.

I suspect people buying it are thinking they are getting a new transfer but I don't see any mention of it being a new 4k transfer just a sales ploy to shift a few more copies

Can't agree with you - about fans not liking it - as it's showing as Sold Out on the same day that it went up for pre-order . . . granted, limited to 1,000 in the UK must have had something to do with it.

A product being sold out isn't always an indicator of its quality.

I'm sure you have seen people comment on steels many times saying they dislike the design but plan on buying it anyway. the recent Star Wars the empire strikes back steel is a perfect example of this. unanimously agreed to be shxt artwork, but still sold out.

the problem is collectors being... collectors. buying things you don't really like, just because. And yes, im a victim of this, I have many steels I look at and wonder why, but I won't support this trend of dismal art, just because its a steelbook. I'd much sooner buy amaray going forward.

I pretty much always place a pre-order on steels I'm 50/50 about (which is a lot lol), then decide whether to cancel or not closer to release... I get the impression many other collectors do the same, since most "sold out" steels eventually come back in stock. So, yeah... I agree with @levi about an early sell out not always being a true indicator of quality/popularity.

Just been charged for this. Must be a 30th Nov release. 2nd catalogue steel title in a row from sony that zavvi haven't known the release date of.

I was hoping to see in hand pics of the US steel before release, but nevermind. Hopefully something decent on the rear and a non metallic gloss finish. It'll be nice to have a steel of this without a blu banner either way tbh.

Same. I had dec 7th in my mind, around the usa release. Wasn't far out

I had the end of December in mind because we’re usually after them. Rare to be before them. Even if it’s by a week

Got mine... flat and glossy with sort of a metallic shine. Will wait til you finish experts describe it properly before I add it to the OP.

Got mine... flat and glossy with sort of a metallic shine. Will wait til you finish experts describe it properly before I add it to the OP.

I think your descriptions are more detailed.

"flat and glossy with sort of a metallic shine." :thumbs:

I believe that's the UK version of glossy.

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles