Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 18, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99
Notes: Title Debossed

81MniiAbA4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81qx0ZHCjGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg Cutthroat Island.jpg

Last edited:
One of the biggest box office flops of all time and got slated at release. Never really understood the hate though as Its a fun swashbuckler in my opinion with a great performance by Frank Langella as the main villain

Reactions: britmotley
One of the biggest box office flops of all time and got slated at release. Never really understood the hate though as Its a fun swashbuckler in my opinion with a great performance by Frank Langella as the main villain
It bombed at the box office mostly due to not having any decent marketing campaign
Carolco Pictures was in ruin even before film production began
The film production would have been cancelled but they had financing from foreign investors already in place and it was due to this foregin investement they had commit to making the film

There was very little marketing campaign for the film due to Carolco Pictures not having any marketing funds available and also MGM the distributor was in the process of being sold and also could not devote itself into financing a marketing campaign for the film
Carolco Pictures filled for Bankruptcy a month before the film cinema release

Never seen this. Which is odd considering I dig swashbuckling movies.

Not actually heard of this. Quite liking the artwork though.

i always sort of liked this film, but then i did use to have a huge crush on Geena Davis.
:rolleyes:
she was married to the director (Renny Harlin = Die Hard 2, Cliffhanger, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Deep Blue Sea) at the time, but would have walked out as things fell apart behind the scenes if she had not been under contract.

it's a bit of a mess, is wooden at times, and meanders, but it's entertaining enough in a undemanding Saturday afternoon tv sort of way. it also has one of the largest real explosions i've ever seen on film. not one to buy for me, though.

Reactions: JRodDirector