• New Summon Your Courage: Scoring Cutthroat Island

• New Ecce Pirate - A Short Film By Matthew Modine

• Commentary from Director Renny Harlin

• Making Of

• Behind The Scenes

• Storyboards

• Interviews

• Original Trailer

Just got a auto sent email from Amazon UK order cancelled due to been unavailable

Did anyone who did a pre order with amazon have payment taken or dispatch of their order also if they pre ordered from Zavvi or HMV

HMV listed as Back in stock soon

I wonder is this another SteelBook release that StudioCanal UK have cancelled

It bombed at the box office mostly due to not having any decent marketing campaign
Carolco Pictures was in ruin even before film production began
The film production would have been cancelled but they had financing from foreign investors already in place and it was due to this foregin investement they had commit to making the film

There was very little marketing campaign for the film due to Carolco Pictures not having any marketing funds available and also MGM the distributor was in the process of being sold and also could not devote itself into financing a marketing campaign for the film
Carolco Pictures filled for Bankruptcy a month before the film cinema release
...and because Matthew Modine wasn't such a big star. Michael Douglas was set to star but dropped out just before filming started. Also Renny demanded massive re-building of sets that cost a lot.

I did get this from HMV a few days ago:-

"We're getting in touch regarding your hmv.com pre-order:

DAVIS, GEENA: MATTHEW MODINE:
CUTTHROAT ISLAND: 2UHD: STEELB
UHD

Due to a delay in receiving the stock from our suppliers we have so far been unable to dispatch this in time for its original release date. Apologies for any disappointment that this may cause.

However, we have been assured that the stock is on its way and as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse, we'll process and dispatch your order as soon as we can. You'll also receive a dispatch email to let you know when it's on its way.

Should you require any further assistance please contact us.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team"

hmv.com

Just got a auto sent email from Amazon UK order cancelled due to been unavailable

Did anyone who did a pre order with amazon have payment taken or dispatch of their order also if they pre ordered from Zavvi or HMV

HMV listed as Back in stock soon

I wonder is this another SteelBook release that StudioCanal UK have cancelled
very strange. Especially since it seems to be the case from multiple retailers. But Zavvi have yet to say anything

I read on some forum that the cut used for this pressing was not passed and has to go back for a recut as the original UK film release was cut
The 4K+Blu-ray Amaray Edition with slipcover is available to order and I could have delivery by Wednesday or Thursday
Same release date as the SteelBook and same discs

Weird, I actually cancelled this to buy at another time because I believed it wasn't gonna sell out.
What odd turn of events.

I think it's just the angle. They don't all look debossed, you're right, but then I kind of think they are all debossed. It's a weird optical illusion.
Perhaps @paulboland can enlighten us?
I think it's just a debossed area that's been stamped. It covers the whole title, but not each letter individually. The "C" and the "I" look mostly individually debossed, but just the outline for the rest. I've seen it a few times before, and it's just lazy. The UK Little Mermaid 4K steel springs to mind as an example.

• Informative
Reactions: TheWildEye