Daredevil - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: October 3, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99
Note: The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back. The Steelbook is white.

Collector's Box thread here

11312347-7174401904116618.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that it's white and not metal or anything I really like steelbooks that are white
I would always expect the worst and hope for the best. There's been a lot if mock ups that have shown white and it's turned out to be silver/ bare metal. If I'm unsure I won't order until someone has it in hands so I know exactly what I'm getting! I know that probably won't be possible with this and it will sell out before release though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and harry
Hey guys, quick update we received-The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back. The Steelbook is white.

Oh dear! I called the marvel logo on the back.

Gona be some p*ssed people including myself

Why ruin it with a giant marvel logo on the back!!!! Did they not get the memo about agent Carter

Hey guys, quick update we received-The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back. The Steelbook is white.

Sounds great thanks for the update :thumbs:

Comments regarding Extras from MOVIEPLOT:-

"Naturally, we can expect to see all 13 episodes of the phenomenally successful first season of Daredevil. But we can also assume there are special features. As Comicbook.com observe:

"There are no special features listed, but they do list the Blu-ray editions as coming on four discs; seeing as there are only 13 episodes in the first season of Daredevil and blu-rays typically hold up to four a piece, that gives room for at least around 3 hours of special features - that doesn't mean they'll have that much, but there's potential, at least. With the entire first two seasons available at no extra cost for Netflix subscribers, special features will be key in making it a value-add for fans and collectors."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reading Zavvi's updated listing just now . . . I'm struggling to work out how DD will be embossed being so close to the edge unless we're getting a PRINCESS AND THE FROG situation where the border characters were all embossed/at the same level as the frame . . .
Clearly would look strange to have a regular rectangular framing border here so expecting an irregular one.
Also it's possible that the listing is just plain wrong and that would not be the first time that has happened.
"The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back"

Shouldn't really post this coarse, plebeian item but it appeals to what's left of my juvenile side . . . as does the response.
Thanks to Sigill for explaining how to "spoiler" :thumbs:

DaredevilSteelbook.jpg

hidethegiggle.gif

Sounds great thanks for the update :thumbs:

I did sound great until the marvel logo on the back was confirmed

Comments regarding Extras from MOVIEPLOT:-

"Naturally, we can expect to see all 13 episodes of the phenomenally successful first season of Daredevil. But we can also assume there are special features. As Comicbook.com observe:

"There are no special features listed, but they do list the Blu-ray editions as coming on four discs; seeing as there are only 13 episodes in the first season of Daredevil and blu-rays typically hold up to four a piece, that gives room for at least around 3 hours of special features - that doesn't mean they'll have that much, but there's potential, at least. With the entire first two seasons available at no extra cost for Netflix subscribers, special features will be key in making it a value-add for fans and collectors."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reading Zavvi's updated listing just now . . . I'm struggling to work out how DD will be embossed being so close to the edge unless we're getting a PRINCESS AND THE FROG situation where the border characters were all embossed/at the same level as the frame . . .
Clearly would look strange to have a regular rectangular framing border here so expecting an irregular one.
Also it's possible that the listing is just plain wrong and that would not be the first time that has happened.
"The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back"

Shouldn't really post this coarse, plebeian item but it appeals to what's left of my juvenile side . . . as does the response.
Thanks to Sigill for explaining how to "spoiler" :thumbs:

DaredevilSteelbook.jpg

hidethegiggle.gif

I think you might be right with the embossing, like princess/ frog and like winter soldier where the embossing followed the design and not a natural border. Leaving the white part flat which I guess will be a hopeful nice white matte

great news about the embossing and spot gloss! Not fussed about the Marvel logo on the back, sure Agent Carter had the same thing, and sure some people didn't like it, but at least we got a darn release on steelbook! I'm not complaining :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kizza
Wait. It said "spot gloss on the Marvel Logo on the back". It didn't say the Marvel logo WAS the back.
Am I missing something, or are people jumping to conclusions? There could be an image on the back, but only the Marvel logo in a corner is spot glossed, right?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Wait. It said "spot gloss on the Marvel Logo on the back". It didn't say the Marvel logo WAS the back.
Am I missing something, or are people jumping to conclusions? There could be an image on the back, but only the Marvel logo in a corner is spot glossed, right?

:rofl:

Oh boy. Amaray it is for me, they've already taken advantage of B&W artwork, an effective cost cutting exercise, but lack of creative input is unacceptable. It's a comic book TV show, there has to be something they can use instead of a studio logo.

The main draw with Steebooks for me was that the artwork was superior to the amaray.

Reactions: elchipo