Daredevil: Season 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 15, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order now Live)
Price: £29.99

1.jpg
17505042_10154173466590146_4049625303049763875_o.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that they're the most consistent enemy of Daredevil in the comic series- but with Series 1 aiming for such a grounded and gritty approach with the main scheme being that of real-estate, it was believable to see Matt Murdock get the piss beat out of him by 4 slightly-larger-than-average Russian thugs.

Then, season 2 pops up- and he's listening to the swords of Ninja's as he mows down dozens of people with ease. It just doesn't really match up with what was established as Murdock's limitations within the first series. Even if Murdock has grown in strength between season 1 and season 2- I think there is something comical about him having to listen to swords, or to even get to the point where he can listen so hard he can hear stick when he's hundreds of meters away.

It would be like if a fantastical character such as Superman showed up in a film like The Dark Knight Rises- it just wouldn't make sense to me to introduce something as contrary to the first series.

And I understand that Murdock fought Nobu in the first series- but that was 1 guy- and if I remember correctly- it nearly killed him.

You really get focused on "real" and "gritty", huh? You ever referred to the first Ninja Turtles movie as "gritty", which made me lol. The Russian thug fight was when he was starting out as DD. I think there has been some time in between season 1 and season 2. Also, why is it comical that he can listen to swords? Otherwise, he is just dead. He would get run straight through because he can't see them!

But if your main focus is on realism for superhero movies/tv shows, then I can see why you despise every single one of them.

You really get focused on "real" and "gritty", huh? You ever referred to the first Ninja Turtles movie as "gritty", which made me lol. The Russian thug fight was when he was starting out as DD. I think there has been some time in between season 1 and season 2. Also, why is it comical that he can listen to swords? Otherwise, he is just dead. He would get run straight through because he can't see them!

But if your main focus is on realism for superhero movies/tv shows, then I can see why you despise every single one of them.

Not necessarily grit on all of them- however an established Tonal consistency would be nice. For instance- depending on the content of the show- you need to focus on what elements complement the series- too many fantastical elements can inhibit the dramatic story-telling.. and such shows SHOULD realize what types of tones that they should aim for.

Jessica Jones was a serious series that was gritty- but such grit was apt because the series is about a **** survivor trying to live her life after such a trauma was done to her.

Whereas- a series such as Iron Fist- SHOULDN'T be gritty, because it's a series about a warrior monk- trained to destroy an organization of ninjas- and who has punched the soul of a dragon... for that show to be mired in gritty corporate espionage- doesn't make sense.

With Daredevil- Series 2 broke the established limitations of what Murdock was bound to in series 1. And remember- Murdock wasn't just starting out- he was the devil of Hell's Kitchen for some months before his publicity. And the whole thing about "listening to swords" is absurd to me- because I own swords. They don't make noise. XD That's like asking someone to listen to the panes of glass in a house to find where the windows are- it's words that don't make sense.

Not necessarily grit on all of them- however an established Tonal consistency would be nice. For instance- depending on the content of the show- you need to focus on what elements complement the series- too many fantastical elements can inhibit the dramatic story-telling.. and such shows SHOULD realize what types of tones that they should aim for.

Jessica Jones was a serious series that was gritty- but such grit was apt because the series is about a **** survivor trying to live her life after such a trauma was done to her.

Whereas- a series such as Iron Fist- SHOULDN'T be gritty, because it's a series about a warrior monk- trained to destroy an organization of ninjas- and who has punched the soul of a dragon... for that show to be mired in gritty corporate espionage- doesn't make sense.

With Daredevil- Series 2 broke the established limitations of what Murdock was bound to in series 1. And remember- Murdock wasn't just starting out- he was the devil of Hell's Kitchen for some months before his publicity. And the whole thing about "listening to swords" is absurd to me- because I own swords. They don't make noise. XD That's like asking someone to listen to the panes of glass in a house to find where the windows are- it's words that don't make sense.

Do you think about this when you read comic books too? Why not just stop watching Daredevil completely? You've established his powers make no sense at all. He's not a superhero. He's a blind guy who can function as well as a normal person. While we are at it, Groot doesn't make sense. A giant walking tree that grows at will? Where does all the extra mass go? Shouldn't his splinters have made thousands of tiny little Groots? How was Ronan able to handle the infinity stone if he's not a celestial? Captain America's shield defies the laws of physics, as some web head pointed out. My point is that there's a million little things you can nit pick. If you let those little details bother you, you might as well stop watching movies and tv completely!

Do you think about this when you read comic books too? Why not just stop watching Daredevil completely? You've established his powers make no sense at all. He's not a superhero. He's a blind guy who can function as well as a normal person. While we are at it, Groot doesn't make sense. A giant walking tree that grows at will? Where does all the extra mass go? Shouldn't his splinters have made thousands of tiny little Groots? How was Ronan able to handle the infinity stone if he's not a celestial? Captain America's shield defies the laws of physics, as some web head pointed out. My point is that there's a million little things you can nit pick. If you let those little details bother you, you might as well stop watching movies and tv completely!

AGAIN, it's about an established consistency within the realm of the series in of itself. Guardians of the Galaxy is a fun space adventure series- one that is in the vain of Star Wars. You wouldn't expect there to be a brutal **** scene in Guardians of the Galaxy, would you? But when watching a series like Jessica Jones- something like that would be par for the course.

It's all about establishing a consistency.
Film and TV is a different medium from comic books- so the rules of conventional story telling differ in each of the genres in the same way you would expect a story to abide by the same structural rules in a novel as you would in a video game.

To me- Daredevil series 1 established boundaries and limitations on the character, and provided real consequences and stakes for the character not only abide by- but to also give the audience an awareness of what he could and couldn't do. In narrative sense- establishing such limitations can raise tension because it informs the audience when the character is out of his or her depth. This is broken in Daredevil series 2- where the rules of engagement are constantly changed in order to artificially give and subvert the parameters surrounding each encounter.

I love film and Tv. And I loved the first season of Daredevil- but for me- it's hard to ignore a lot of things about a series if it's a rule of cinema that is so blatantly ignored.

That's just my opinion, though. There are still a lot of things to love about Daredevil Series 2.

AGAIN, it's about an established consistency within the realm of the series in of itself. Guardians of the Galaxy is a fun space adventure series- one that is in the vain of Star Wars. You wouldn't expect there to be a brutal **** scene in Guardians of the Galaxy, would you? But when watching a series like Jessica Jones- something like that would be par for the course.

It's all about establishing a consistency.
Film and TV is a different medium from comic books- so the rules of conventional story telling differ in each of the genres in the same way you would expect a story to abide by the same structural rules in a novel as you would in a video game.

To me- Daredevil series 1 established boundaries and limitations on the character, and provided real consequences and stakes for the character not only abide by- but to also give the audience an awareness of what he could and couldn't do. In narrative sense- establishing such limitations can raise tension because it informs the audience when the character is out of his or her depth. This is broken in Daredevil series 2- where the rules of engagement are constantly changed in order to artificially give and subvert the parameters surrounding each encounter.

I love film and Tv. And I loved the first season of Daredevil- but for me- it's hard to ignore a lot of things about a series if it's a rule of cinema that is so blatantly ignored.

That's just my opinion, though. There are still a lot of things to love about Daredevil Series 2.

So Daredevil shouldn't fight ninjas with swords, got it.

This is an awesome looking steel. It might be my favorite Marvel(WWA) steel behind the HMV Cap 1 steel.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
So one week after official release date and this is STILL back in stock. Interesting...I wonder if they made more copies of this than Season 1.

LOL, another 'sold out' steelbook back in stock. Zavvi ain't daft
It's Sold Out
Possible was leftover replacement stock film distributor had and was not requested so Zavvi was given this stock

It's sold out now so was likely not a lot of stock made available

It's Sold Out
Possible was leftover replacement stock film distributor had and was not requested so Zavvi was given this stock

It's sold out now so was likely not a lot of stock made available

Items do get forgotten about occasionally as well. It sounds stupid but they do. There is generally no order to the way items are stored on shelves in the warehouses. Like a steelbook could be next to a bottle of deodorant a hairbrush and a pack of cutlery.

Items do occasionally get scanned in wrong on shelves too with the constant intake of new employees. Who have limited experience. There are currently 3 Threezero Jon snows in the one I work in yet they have been sold out on all TheHUT websites for months.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Just want to refresh this topic.

With the defenders now out on Netflix and the recent daredevil season 3 been announced, when will we see Luke Cage And Iron Fist Season 1 being announced from Zavvi as a steelbook?

Is there anywhere stating that they are releasing this, or have they lost the exclusive and someone else is anyone know?

Would like to have a complete set of these and all seasons.

Just want to refresh this topic.

With the defenders now out on Netflix and the recent daredevil season 3 been announced, when will we see Luke Cage And Iron Fist Season 1 being announced from Zavvi as a steelbook?

Is there anywhere stating that they are releasing this, or have they lost the exclusive and someone else is anyone know?

Would like to have a complete set of these and all seasons.

The bluray for Luke Cage is allegedly due out in Germany on November 23. I would imagine if that's accurate, we'll see Zavvi release the steel around the same time. If I remember correctly, we tend to hear about the steels a couple months before they're released.