Notes: 3D is region Free, 2D is A&B only

Picture sent to us kindly by HMV
apes.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 543
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be interested if it's £14.99. I don't own the original Steelbook of the first film, but I bough the FuturePak and I love the design. Wonder if the films' any good, looks a bit too far fetched in the trailers but as if apes destroying the city and taking down helicopters in the first one wasn't far fetched enough :rofl:

I presume the idea is to have the plot lead up to the original Planet of the Apes from 1968.

After seeing this on tuesday, I will definitely be picking up this film in one form or the other. It was really good, far surpassing the corny premise that its based on.

However I'm not bowled over by the grainy image used on the steelbook cover, its not bad, just not amazing.

What's wrong with HMV?

The fact that many of us, including UK members, don't have access to one. I'd have a 2 hour journey and about £20 in travelling expenses to be able to get to a HMV store. That's before the price of the steelie itself.

So yes I also dread seeing the word HMV next to new announcements - especially as they always seem to do the exclusives that I want most... :mad:

Reactions: VRob98
So I went to my local HMV to pre order this, and the lady who served me (not the original omghotness, but still very lovely) let me take a cheeky little photo of her screen....

XxO7VLy.jpg

....3D confirmed? Also, took a shot of the pre order poster by the door:

9ysFjy8.jpg

Only had to pay £5 this time, whereas the last 2 steels I've pre ordered I've had to pay full whack. That consistency, though...

The fact that many of us, including UK members, don't have access to one. I'd have a 2 hour journey and about £20 in travelling expenses to be able to get to a HMV store. That's before the price of the steelie itself.

Yep, same here. Would be different if they had an online operation again, but it seems like that's a thing of the past. As it is, getting hold of these HMV releases is very expensive. And a lot of hassle.

I tend to agree with you on that...Finishing does look cheap for a £21.99 steel...

Totally agree, for £22 I expect a far far better finish and 3D.

If shown in 3D, then it should be included as standard along with the 2D version at no extra cost. It's no longer a gimmick and hasn't been for sometime.

I do like the fact they have used the preview face shot but would have preferred it in colour to enhanced the eyes.

This is a poor steel for the price, yet I'm sure it will sell out because it's "limited"

Reactions: lolwut

So yes I also dread seeing the word HMV next to new announcements - especially as they always seem to do the exclusives that I want most... :mad:

Yep, same here. Would be different if they had an online operation again, but it seems like that's a thing of the past. As it is, getting hold of these HMV releases is very expensive. And a lot of hassle.

I wonder whether if I set up a HMV UK only GB would work? I'm guessing it could...£3 + item cost including Large Letter postage...So this could work at £25 all in for this release.

Easy pass. The artwork is very cheap. Blown out highlights/contrast so that they can use as little detail as possible. Black and red because they're apparently the cheapest colors. And being a Fox steel you know it's going to be a dull matte finish.

Reactions: psychoscot
Love it! I for one think its kinda cool that I actually can go to the shop and get it rather than waiting for the rubbish packaging that some companies use, that way I can get one in perfect condition!

About to go and watch the movie too, can't wait it's gonna be so epic!!!