Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: 2019 (TBC)
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

Please kindly note that these are not confirmed or approved beauty shots, only concepts made by FAC Team. All artworks might be changed in approval process.

We are not yet decided if we start these three projects.

21013835_1887216041294941_7300860589679180733_o.jpg

Last edited:
Still thinking that Caesar's head should be on the right side of the steelbook front as opposed to the left if only to match RISE and WAR (and the poster design/s) . . . at the same time allowing for the backdrop colour - and even the artwork - to carry across from the back to the front with blue sky on RISE, green sky on DAWN and grey sky on WAR carrying across to tie the images together to a certain degree.
Wraparound style possible on all three steels after some changes to the fronts:
- DAWN: bridge continuing behind Caesar if his face is re-positioned to the right side.
- WAR: removal of that image of Nova (which just looks odd to my eyes).
- RISE: removal of the bridge behind Caesar.

A plus (imo) would be all three titles in matching positions lower left hand side.

As for Caesar's eyes - would be splendid if they could shine like on the RISE futurepak
. . . and dare I say it shine a different colour on all three steels as in green on DAWN, blue on RISE and grey on WAR to match the backdrop and mood of the films and artwork (lol)

DAWN -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RISE ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WAR
dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-key-art.jpg
rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-czech-dvd-cover.jpg
war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-singaporean-movie-poster.jpg

upload_2017-8-25_0-21-18.png
(n) --------------------------------------------------
upload_2017-8-25_0-20-1.png
:thumbs: -----------------------------------------------
upload_2017-8-25_0-30-44.png
:thumbs:-------------------------------------------

Back art on all three :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet
I hope they change the design of Rise (back and color) and War (front artwork) steelbooks. These artworks would look better in my opinion.

PlanetoftheApesSteelbooksklein.jpg

So so glad that all 3 are happening. This will be the trilogy to own, just hope they don't release them all at once as the cost will be through the roof, seeing that these will all probably come with 4K. Hopefully they do a standard Blu Ray version too, not into the 4K thing really, think it's over hyped, but you never know, might buy into it one day.......

So so glad that all 3 are happening. This will be the trilogy to own, just hope they don't release them all at once as the cost will be through the roof, seeing that these will all probably come with 4K. Hopefully they do a standard Blu Ray version too, not into the 4K thing really, think it's over hyped, but you never know, might buy into it one day.......

Yeah I'd be seriously pissed if I had to pay for 4K discs I don't want. But otherwise I'm definitely in for the trilogy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta

They said War in February and those other two in different quarters of 2018 so it won´t be all at the same time luckily...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Steelselecta
Film Arena Facebook

Dear collectors,

we kindly inform you that we have changed the design of FAC #95 WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES MANIACS BOX due to connection with coming DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES and RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Maniacs Boxes.

On the shelves, you can see the design of all boxes:

- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
- RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
- WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES

as they go together very well.

We believe you will also love this kind of change.

Thank you for your understanding of our intentions to harmonize and connect them all as much as possible.

Best Regards,
Team FAC

29136757_1747538875363081_8093776229049565184_n.jpg

In a reply on Facebook from Filmarena's Jan to another member in a Filmarena group (Czech post, translation related to this title follows):

Ragnarok cca 1. pol. příštího roku. GITS jsme upravovali design fullslipu, snad stihneme přiřadit k AQP na listopad. Hacksaw Ridge zatím nemáme schváleno, čekáme. Suicide Squad a The Accountant probíhají úpravy. Prostřední díl Opic chystáme na příští rok, zatím to vypadá na druhou polovinu, první díl RISE by měl vyjít v roce 2020.

Slated for a 2019 release.

Thanks @CollectorEmtee for the heads-up!

Looks like this and 'Rise' have completely fallen off the radar.

Any updates on these @CollectorEmtee or @carllenc?
The latest information I got is that they are trying to get Fox to add different audio support on the UHD discs for both Rise and Dawn. These will move forward once thats done. When is that going be thats the big question :) Hopefully we will see at least one of them released this year.