Dead music artist you wished you watched in concert?

Jan 30, 2009
England
Ok the Artist must be dead and you must have some intrest in the Artist?

For me it would have to be Ray Charles, i would of loves to of seem him in concert and lsitened to hit the road jack :)

Frank Sinatra
2Pac
Queen
MJ
Biggie
Dean Martin
Sammy Davis Jr
Big L
Whitney Houston
Big Pun
Aaliyah...

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Marvin Gaye
Barry White...

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Bob Marley
Fela Kuti...

Its odd that you sometimes see a band and not know the significance until much later on, I was asked by a friend back in '91 if I wanted to go with him to see a band, I could vaguely remember seeing them back in the August at the Reading festival... but it was £6 and I had nothing better to do, it was noisy, very loud and the lead singer jumped off the stage and almost landed on me..a scruffy converse trainer brushing the side of my head....I must admit to only ever being a casual Nirvana fan, but its one of those bands that when I mention I saw them live twice folks look at me like Ive just told them I met Jesus.

As for bands/ artists I wish Id seen, I have a few, either because they were 'before my time' or I had chance to see them but for whatever reason didnt and regret not seeing them live

Freddie Mercury/Queen
James Brown
The Beatles
Elvis
Hendrix
The Doors

There are other bands that although the members are still here there is little chance of them reforming so the 'band' is dead like The Jam, Oasis or The Smiths..Id also add The Verve to this list but they have a habbit of reforming...

Pavarotti would have been incredible to watch. He came to town and I did not buy tickets. A man of his time. And yes, Freddie Mercury for sure. :)

Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison (The Doors)
Janis Joplin
Rory Gallagher
Bob Marley
Chester Burnett (Howlin' Wolf)
Muddy Waters
John Lee Hooker
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Albert King

....and so, so many more.

1. Led Zep with Bonham
  2. Queen with Freddie Mecury
  3. Tommy Bolin

I'm finally getting to see Nazareth this week, there's one believe that I can take off of the list!

nirvana.
amy winehouse.

not dead but still a pity i've never seen them live before the split:
THE WHITE STRIPES (still chances for a late reunion though).