Dead music artist you wished you watched in concert?

Jan 30, 2009
England
Ok the Artist must be dead and you must have some intrest in the Artist?

For me it would have to be Ray Charles, i would of loves to of seem him in concert and lsitened to hit the road jack :)

When I was a child my parents had a spare ticket to an MJ concert. They went without me and wasted it, yet my cousin who was yonger than me (and a whole lot naughtier I might add) got to go, and has little to no memory of it. To say I was a 'fan' of MJ at the time wouldn't be close, or not nearly close, he was my childhood hero. Such a shame we never got to see him perform one last time, even on the TV.

When I was a child my parents had a spare ticket to an MJ concert. They went without me and wasted it, yet my cousin who was yonger than me (and a whole lot naughtier I might add) got to go, and has little to no memory of it. To say I was a 'fan' of MJ at the time wouldn't be close, or not nearly close, he was my childhood hero. Such a shame we never got to see him perform one last time, even on the TV.

Moonwalker steelbook FTW

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

UGK with Pimp C ..... Bun is still alive.
Tupac
BIG
MJ
Hendrix
Ray

Kurt Cobain/Nirvana

:(

Also I was lucky enough to have a HUGE MJ fan as my mum - she managed to buy us tickets to go see him at Wembley years ago...on my birthday :D Superb

Last edited:
Reactions: eynon
SRV & JLH

I'm a Blues-fan - so Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Lee Hooker are twe legends that I would have loved to see playing live.

Two dead artist that I'm particalary "proud" of having seen live is Chris Whitley and John Campbell. JC I saw playing in Stockholm only 3 mounths before he passed away - RIP guys, all 4 of you!

I'm Blues-junkie and I'm proud of it!

Reactions: Marina Blue
I´m a Blues fan too so i have to say i have to go with your choice of Stevie Ray Vaughn and John Lee Hooker but there also are a few others that i have never seen but i´d love to. I´d really love to see Gary Moore, Jimmy Hendrix, Jeff Buckley, Nirvana and of course Led Zeppelin (unfortunately John Bonham died much to young what happened to be the end of one of my favorite Bands even before i was born and had a chance to see them)

For me it would have to be,

Freddy Mercury
Eva Cassidy
Billie Holiday
Amy Winehouse

They all had fantastic voices of course, but sadly they also all died too young.

I've been lucky enough to see many of my "Bucket-List" artists, even if some of them have been the reformed versions of those bands but my top three that I missed would be......

Led Zepplin for the juggernaught power
Jeff Buckley for the musical diversity
Queen with Freddy for the pure showmanship

nirvana - visited Finland on a festival but did not go
the doors
joy division
alice in chains - visited Finland w/ screaming trees ... passed :angry: