Jan 22, 2014
Germany
Release date: 19th October 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi Live Saturday, Aug 15, 2015 12pm BST
Price: £14.99

dead poets.jpg

Message from Zavvi
-------------------------------
Dead Poet's Society: Unconventional English teacher John Keating inspires his students to discover their love for poetry and seize the day. Starring Robin Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm getting cynical in my middling age, but is this release a tribute to or an evil cash in on Robins name after his death ?, it's always the same, Actor/Musician/Celeb dies, companies re-release titles in 'tribute' to the fallen star to cash in on their death, or retailers increase prices on existing stock, pretty sick of it all really.

As for this steelbook, design is OK, with embossing done right, it should look quite good, maybe it'll be the worlds first leather bound steelbook?

Maybe I'm getting cynical in my middling age, but is this release a tribute to or an evil cash in on Robins name after his death ?, it's always the same, Actor/Musician/Celeb dies, companies re-release titles in 'tribute' to the fallen star to cash in on their death, or retailers increase prices on existing stock, pretty sick of it all really.

As for this steelbook, design is OK, with embossing done right, it should look quite good, maybe it'll be the worlds first leather bound steelbook?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time it's been available on Blu-ray in the UK? I wouldn't call it either cashing in or a tribute - just an overdue release!

It has been over a year since his passing, I think we are past the cashing in stage now.

Dead Poet's merit's a nice edition on blu-ray, nothing to do with Robin Williams death IMO...As for the steel, if done properly with a nice finish and some decent bossing it could be a little gem, I don't think it will sell out and will wait for a price drop to maybe £9.99.....

Simple but creative design IMO. Given the right finish I think this could turn out to be really nice! Not that I'll be pre-ordering though... I'll wait for the price drop as usual. :D

I think this artwork might actually work depending on finish. Quality print, some glossing and embossing and we have a winner! Movie is brilliant already, no doubt here.
Yeah, this could be one of those that looks 'meh' in pictures, but gorgeous in hand.
Another one to order and and then wait for the response. If it sells out, I keep the order, if it doesn't- I'll cancel and wait for a price drop.

Friendly reminder, these are live this weekend:
Saturday 12:00

Dead Poets Society - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray - £14.99
Link

Sunday 12:00

The Host - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Steelbook Blu-ray - £14.99
Link

If this is a high gloss finish and the title is embossed is might look quite good in hand as compared to photos

I will be pre ordering as I have being meaning to order on Blu-ray before but never got round to doing so

Is that a gold boarder printed on the metal spine or is that the inside plastic insert? Might be cool to see a steelbook use a solid unclear plastic for the inside for a change.

I've never seen this but have recently been getting "into" Robin's movies after rewatching One Hour Photo. Went for the US release of Good Morning Vietnam over the steelbook that I really didn't like the look of (weird that it has not had a regular UK release).

Is this a good enough film to get on a blind purchase? Everything I read says that this is an amazing film and really motivational, but is it a one of those deep philosophical movies or just a really enjoyable movie that anyone would like?

No, it's a tribute to 'Der Medicus' :rolleyes: