Dead Snow: Red vs Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive Exclusive #002) [Germany]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 22nd, 2016
Purchase links:
Full Slip A
Full Slip B
One Click
Price: €25.95 each - €47.95 for one click

Type A |Type B

Cover-1-mit-splendid-logo.jpg Cover-2mit-splendid-logo.jpg

12009834_1196074203742685_1629913073939450941_n.png

Last edited:
I am also disappointed with the movie choice. As a German I'd really like to support SA, therefore I will also buy this, hoping they will get better movies after that. If not I am out, sorry.
@DuckDogers please make me continue buying your exclusives :)

Joining the others: I'm sadly disappointed by this choice. :(

If SteelArchive had to wait a few months to get a worthy exclusive, I think they should have passed on all current choices from Splendid and waited for a better film, in order to have a more coherent collection — you can't be more different than an arthouse/moody film like Spring and a gore horror movie like Dead Snow... it's like if PlainArchive followed Melancholia with Pixels, or if BluFans suddenly wanted to release Foxcatcher :D).

Joining the others: I'm sadly disappointed by this choice. :(

If SteelArchive had to wait a few months to get a worthy exclusive, I think they should have passed on all current choices from Splendid and waited for a better film, in order to have a more coherent collection — you can't be more different than an arthouse/moody film like Spring and a gore horror movie like Dead Snow... it's like if PlainArchive followed Melancholia with Pixels, or if BluFans suddenly wanted to release Foxcatcher :D).
Is your collection coherent?

Reactions: Marco86
After the fiasco of the PayPal oversell of the first release and the choice of this movie rapidly losing interest in Steel Archive

Same here. Plus, I won't bother to order anything from them. I would never support a company that treat customers like s*** cancelling their copies with no REAL explanations or blocking people on their Facebook page when one talk about this issue or saying something one day and the contrary the day after.

By the way, still no news about the so called "cancelled bulk orders". Was it even true or just to make us believe that they care about collectors?
They were supposed to contact us and let us know what they could do and maybe offer the "scalper copies" to those who got their order cancelled but... Nothing... I guess it's really difficult to count 100 copies hmmm

Anyways. Even if i don't like this second movie choice, i must admit that they could do something really cool with the slipcover as they previously did with Spring! So even if i won't buy, i'm very curious to see what it will look like :)

Is your collection coherent?

If I understand your question (or jab?) correctly, then yeah I guess, or maybe not... it's my tastes y'know, I buy what I like, from Iron Man to The Wrestler, but that's irrelevant to this thread and also I'm not in the business of starting my own exclusive line-up ; if I were I'd try to be coherent because in itself that's respecting customers (and in this case, collectors only) and go with, say, "this is the SteelArchive Arthouse Collection starting with Spring, I'll wait for a worthy successor to follow it up whenever there's an opportunity -next month or next year-, and look, Dead Snow is #001 in the SteelArchive HorrorFest Collection" (except I wouldn't advise for another release of Dead Snow ever, but if I were I'd handle it like that).

Films like Spring and Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead are not what I'd imagine to be Exclusive #001 and Exclusive #002 in the same collection for one retailer :).

Hey, I'd love to be a SteelArchive groupie, I certainly supported their first exclusive and I want European retailers with exclusive collections to strive, but for this one I'm out and I think picking that random catalogue title (because they apparently needed to pick a Splendid title now) is not good business :(.

After the fiasco of the PayPal oversell of the first release and the choice of this movie rapidly losing interest in Steel Archive

Your opinion I accept but for the Paypal problem I could nothing
Or you buy no more Nova? Because Nova also had severe problems with the first release. I say only they server probs.

Ultimately, everyone should ask themselves their own production to his feet and then you can complain about others first.

Last edited:
I'll wait to see the full package before deciding. I do want to support these guys and @DuckDogers is totally right we all had to endure that calamity called Novamedia with their early releases, so I think we should give SteelArchive the benefit of the doubt for now.

P.S. I hope the horror theme continues, none of the other companies really do horror