GA
Release date: August 21, 2018
Purchase links: Best Buy 4K & Blu-ray
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (BD)
Group buy: TBA

6252776_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

7A8B2A33-585F-44F5-9E15-90A8B5C99268.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on reddit posted some pics. It looks like this is going to have a Mondo X style clearslip. Hopefully this’ll prevent spine slashes from BB employees (though it can still happen during manufacturing).

Someone on reddit posted some pics. It looks like this is going to have a Mondo X style clearslip. Hopefully this’ll prevent spine slashes from BB employees (though it can still happen during manufacturing).

Unfortunately - just sharing for other folks - all the spine slashes I have been seeing lately are under the shrink wrap.

Had a few Avengers IW that I returned and a whole crap ton of A Quiet Place.

Had a lot of trouble with Disney in the past so I wasn't surprised too much with that - and I'm a bit nervous about Ash vs Evil Dead S3 coming in as S2 was a nightmare. :confused:

LOL, I was so annoyed :grumpy: by the prevalence of the spine slashes, that I emailed a complaint :mad: to Disney (a first for me). Not sure that it will make a difference if it even makes it to the responsible parties. Basically, I said: spine slash, bad; Disney quality, bad; Hulk, smash. Well, not really, but you get my point. :LOL:

LOL, I was so annoyed :grumpy: by the prevalence of the spine slashes, that I emailed a complaint :mad: to Disney (a first for me). Not sure that it will make a difference if it even makes it to the responsible parties. Basically, I said: spine slash, bad; Disney quality, bad; Hulk, smash. Well, not really, but you get my point. :LOL:

Sadly, it won't. Disney do not like to be told what to do.

Reactions: tanokike
Received my copy in the mail today. The clear slip is not as tight as Mondo or KimchiDVD, actually is quite loose, so much that the shrink wrap warps it. Also, they join in the back instead of along the spine so doesn’t look clean. There’s a spine slash on the slip, at least it didn’t go through to the steel. STeelbook is meh. Not impressed

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Follow up.. went to BB store to do exchanged. Turned out I received a REALLY bad copy. The ones they had in store are decent and better fitting slips. So I now have a copy I'm happy with

earlier in this thread, there was talk about the gotg walkman case and some questioned that it has gotten love over the years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guardians-...f20af5af6:g:Ih0AAOSwyjNbX5Be&autorefresh=true

usa version at least has.

now on to deadpool 2. Very nicely done steel indeed. official word is that the finish is the regular spot varnish but produces a nicer matte when also doing spot gloss. In europe its called Zero Varnish.

• Informative
Reactions: ash333 and dfoles
earlier in this thread, there was talk about the gotg walkman case and some questioned that it has gotten love over the years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guardians-...f20af5af6:g:Ih0AAOSwyjNbX5Be&autorefresh=true

usa version at least has.

now on to deadpool 2. Very nicely done steel indeed. official word is that the finish is the regular spot varnish but produces a nicer matte when also doing spot gloss. In europe its called Zero Varnish.
It’s definitely a nice finish. Unfortunately mine had the “made in Mexico” sticker on the back of the steel under the shrink wrap and some of the gloss pooled against one edge of it, so there’s a random glossy line.

But overall the finish is nice

It’s definitely a nice finish. Unfortunately mine had the “made in Mexico” sticker on the back of the steel under the shrink wrap and some of the gloss pooled against one edge of it, so there’s a random glossy line.

But overall the finish is nice
mine did a lil too. not massive, but a lil .... was annoying. and im good at removing stickers too. guess i should have hit it with the hair dryer prior to pulling off. ill pass on the info tho just in case its something that maybe can be put on back etc. for future.

mine did a lil too. not massive, but a lil .... was annoying. and im good at removing stickers too. guess i should have hit it with the hair dryer prior to pulling off. ill pass on the info tho just in case its something that maybe can be put on back etc. for future.
If you’re able to pass along quality control info, mine also has random little spot gloss dots to the left of Domino. Nothing that ruins the steelbook, just quality control.
56FE6D87-DCD0-46F6-90D8-CC2CD2DFE756.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Wreck
This zero varnish goes very well with that red - it's makes the glossy black lines stand out. Love to see more releases with this finish and the clear slip.