Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Deadpool 2

Tagline: Prepare for the Second Coming.

Genre: Action, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Morena Baccarin, Julian Dennison, Zazie Beetz, T.J. Miller, Brianna Hildebrand, Jack Kesy, Sala Baker, Stefan Kapičić, Andre Tricoteux, Leslie Uggams, Karan Soni, Eddie Marsan, Robert Maillet, Hayley Sales, Islie Hirvonen, Shiori Kutsuna, Terry Crews, Lewis Tan, Bill Skarsgård, Rob Delaney, Brad Pitt, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Evan Peters, Tye Sheridan, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Hugh Jackman, Luke Roessler, Alan Tudyk, Matt Damon, David Leitch, Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, Scott Vickaryous, Tanis Dolman, Nikolai Witschl, Andréa Vawda, Hunter Dillon, Thayr Harris, Lars Grant, Paul Wu

Release: 2018-05-15

Runtime: 119

Plot: Wisecracking mercenary Deadpool battles the evil and powerful Cable and other bad guys to save a boy's life.

OK. Now that the movie is officially out... can we talk a little spoilers?

I love the movie, seen it twice now... but...
Anyone mad about how X-Force got taken out? It was hilarious... So i guess "mad" isn't the right word... But I think I'm a little more choked about them shooting fake scenes just so then their deaths would be a surprise.

Lets start with Bedlam. This is from the trailer:
tenor.gif

Not in the movie. He never makes it there. instead Bedlam runs into a bus.

Same goes with Shatterstar. In this shot it also shows him fighting the DMC convoy:
tenor.gif

But he gets chopped to bits by a helicopter blade before getting a fight scene. I would have liked to have a little more from these guys.

Although Brad Pitt being revealed as the Vanisher was genius.

Thoughts guys? Does the joke outweigh your expectations for these characters?

Last edited:
Really enjoyed it though it started slowly the X-force stuff - especially Domino, and Brolin as Cable was brilliant.

Slightly better action-wise than the first (though I thought that slo-mo scene from the first film was a tour-de-force in how to use a smaller budget brilliantly) but need a second view to decide if it betters the first overall.

The only issue for Deadpool is really not over-doing it and making sure the wise-cracks and the absurd 4th wall stuff stays fresh.

As mentioned above, it needs a second viewing I think, but so far, i’d Say it’s on par with the first, but oddly not as funny despite there being more jokes in this one.
The jokes just mostly felt meh. maybe a smile, but can’t think of any stand out, laugh out loud bits

Damn, seen it yesterday. Awesome
I need that Logan Figure
I do too! But I read that they only made 1 and it IS actually functionning!!! :)

Anyone mad about how X-Force got taken out? It was hilarious... So i guess "mad" isn't the right word... But I think I'm a little more choked about them shooting fake scenes just so then their deaths would be a surprise.
Like you, I was really surprised, but considering that
Deadpool 3 will surely be X-Force, it makes more sense to start Something "new" instead of using those. And yeah, the Brad Pitt surprise cameo was a hit!

The jokes just mostly felt meh. maybe a smile, but can’t think of any stand out, laugh out loud bits
Like you, felt there was a LOT of jokes, but many (if not mostly) felt flat.

Still, a very enjoyable movie, but still think DP1 was better. Maybe it was because it was soo fresh, but still, the problem with such a character is always tryint to do more and more and in this one, that may be the issue. Still a good movie though...

- Mid Credit scene: Brilliant!
- Killing Vanessa at the very beginning: bold move.... really bold move.... good thing you guys listened to test screenings...
- Anyone noticed the 2 farm boys speaking about toilet paper? Was wondering like crazy who they were and seems like it's Matt Damon (yeah, him again after Ragnarok) and K-3SO (Alan Tudyk).
- The way-too-brief X-Men Cameo. Nice touch but would have loved if it could have been a little longer...
- How to beat Juggernaut? By inserting an electrical wire in his a**? Seriously?
- Loved how they treated Domino's "imaginary powers". Clever!
- Dopinder repeating the same joke over and over.... and TJ Miller flat jokes were just bad.
- The baby legs... the BABY LEGS!!!! UGHH!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAH!

Director's Cut coming to Blu-ray!

“There’s an extended cut. And I think that they may want to spin that out as a special thing,” director David Leitch confirmed in an interview with Cinema Blend. “We’re taking our time, and it’s going back to the ‘director cut,’ and then sort of collaborating with Ryan [Reynolds], Rhett [Reese], and Paul [Wernick], and making sure we’re all getting all the jokes we want – to have it be fun and our sort of fun collaboration.”

“It was like an 83 day shoot, and it was a lot of material. But I kept telling the studio, and I kept telling Ryan, I’m like, ‘No, the director’s cut going to come in at like 2:12,'” Leitch explained about his rough cut of the film before elaborating that the extended version contains
a montage of Deadpool attempting suicide, some extra material with Domino and alternate takes of existing scenes with different dialogue.

“The suicide scene is in there, and there’s a scene in the mansion in the kitchen over breakfast,” he added. “There’s some extra Domino stuff. There’s a lot of fun little bits, and then a lot of alts! We’re looking for every place we can put an alt.”

I have seen the movie and I have to say, that I'm a little bit disappointed.

the whole X-Force was a joke and totally pointless. the trailer throws us off the scent. all died within few seconds (exception: Domino). I really thought, that Peter will have a bigger role or that he will be the key figure, who save them.

Maybe I'll like the movie more after the second viewing.

Julian Dennison - the 15-year-old New Zealand actor talks about his starring role in Deadpool 2—even though he’s not old enough to see it.

New Zealand actor Julian Dennison is not your average 15-year-old, if the confidence and exuberance with which he throws himself into his first GQ shoot is anything to go by. At one point, he crosses his arms over his chest in the style of the X-Force gesture (and, as he points out, both the Wonder Woman and the Black Panther gesture as well). “Wakanda forever!” he shouts into the camera, shortly before his mom (“mum”) steps up to adjust his ear stud.

Dennison’s been acting since he was even younger, his breakout role being in the amazing 2016 Taika Waititi movie Hunt for the Wilderpeople, in which he plays the runaway orphan Ricky Baker. Now he’s starring in Deadpool 2, opposite the likes of Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, and Zazie Beetz. Dennison spoke with GQ about the pressures of acting at such a young age, how he separates his work life from his family life...

Full interview at GQ