Demolition Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Apr 2, 2012
Berlin/Germany
Release date: October 11, 2013
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €12.99

03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is no text in the cover, nice. Hate to buy a Steel with german, like District 9 (the new one), which text is written in the cover.

thanks for the pics. can anybody confirm if this is the proper version with taco bell, or the horrible edited pizza hut version? dont really want to buy if its the changed version

It's Pizza Hut but it would be, it's the European version. I don't have a problem with that as Taco Bell is unknown over here so the change is understandable. There are a few other minor differences but that's good. You have two different versions of the same move. Nice.

Thanks Lollard2002! I've never seen the EU version. I know they dubbed over the Taco Bell parts with Pizza Hut parts, and changed the logos. I'm actually interested to see it. And you're not missing anything if you've never eaten at Taco Bell. Trust me!

Reactions: dfoles
Thanks Lollard2002! I've never seen the EU version. I know they dubbed over the Taco Bell parts with Pizza Hut parts, and changed the logos. I'm actually interested to see it. And you're not missing anything if you've never eaten at Taco Bell. Trust me!

Interesting. What did they do about the food when they eat at Taco Bell?

Would have liked one of these, looks nice, needs kitting up on the inside though. At the current prices I won't be going for this, lot of other movie releases to keep me happy.

The versions part of it is funny I was not aware there was a Pizza Hut version,:D from what I read I own the Taco Bell version (UK).

Taken from dvdcompare

"The German disc contains the localised European version of the movie, which overdubs references to Taco Bell with references to Pizza Hut. Admittedly, it's a minor change, but for the original version of the film the American and British discs are recommended"

Last edited:
They do more than that. The logos in the background are changed to Pizza Hut and it's pretty consistent. Taco Bell remains in the closing credits for some reason.

To Quote

Even though the audio dubbing and logos for Taco Bell were changed to Pizza Hut in post-production in some versions of the movie, the editors missed some. The original logo for Taco Bell can still be seen on the windows of the restaurant when Lenina and John go out to dinner. The sign outside clearly says Pizza Hut, while the windows show the Taco Bell logo.

I checked and that goof is still there.

Hold on to the laserdisc as I think it's more complete. Some minor edits have been done since for both DVD and blu-ra mainly for violence.

• Informative
Reactions: steelbobawny
A lot of movies now have different edits and changes for other markets. A good example are the Marvel films like Avengers which extra scenes are shot for the Chinese market or key scenes redone so as not to offend local customs. This has become very important as a lot of American blockbusters do astonishingly well in overseas markets now especially Asia and China....... it fact about 60% of a films profits now can come from foreign sales.

Ha ha! Well, since "All restaurants are Taco Bell", they're not actually eating Mexican food. It's some kind of weird indescribable food that could be anything.
Pretty sure it's just tortillas and tortilla chips with small garnishes of food, such as corn, black beans, and tomatoes, and sauce:
demolition-man-taco-bell-plate.jpg