Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Demonic
Price: EUR 23.99

81hxKNn-LVL._SL1500_.jpg

81TXLLhNNDL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
This wont win any awards thats for sure but it was a entertaining film for me.
As it was not great Im not so sure I want to spend this much on a SB!

There are US and international box office numbers at IMDB
I only ask because it definitely hasn't been released here. And we get what the UK gets. So if it missed a UK theatrical run, it must be going straight to home video as this release date is so near.

I've just seen the trailer on the 'It Follows' UK Blu Ray and it looks OK I'm a fan of James Wan so I'll keep an eye on this.

If gloss this will look stunning! Films not bad with a likeable cast, but I will state I don't really rate any horror associated with Wan. I thought Insidious was watchable at best and The Conjuring was just terrible. This for me was better than those films, he makes a better producer than Horror director.

If gloss this will look stunning! Films not bad with a likeable cast, but I will state I don't really rate any horror associated with Wan. I thought Insidious was watchable at best and The Conjuring was just terrible. This for me was better than those films, he makes a better producer than Horror director.
I disagree 10000%
Conjuring was amazing. Such well made, ooozing with atmosphere and the acting from the kids was awesome considering most kid actors in horror flicks are not that good!
And it was very creepy! Most movies rely on jump scares these days but while it had one or two it did not need them to be scary. Movies like Annabell give horror a bad name.

I disagree 10000%
Conjuring was amazing. Such well made, ooozing with atmosphere and the acting from the kids was awesome considering most kid actors in horror flicks are not that good!
And it was very creepy! Most movies rely on jump scares these days but while it had one or two it did not need them to be scary. Movies like Annabell give horror a bad name.

I haven't seen many good commercial horror films in the cinema in over 20 years and I go to the cinema 3 times a week lol A Serbian Film and Antichrist being some of the only exceptions! Only good modern horror for me is underground horror movies from the US and Asia. Conjuring was one of the worst films I've seen, SAW wasn't much better poor mans horror for tweens. Insidious was good just not amazing. I dislike pretty much every found footage or haunting film as they are all just poor copies of the Exorcist, which will never be bettered.:)

I agreed with you about Demonic, it wasn't bad at all, I quite enjoyed it actually, but not so sure about cover art.. it was like she's doing the Peek A Boo or something..
but if you're saying there's no good commercial horror movies for the last 20 years? really?.. just to name a few...

- The Sixth Sense (1999)
- The Others (2001)
- 28 Days Later... (2002)
- Saw (2004)
- [Rec] (2007)
- The Mist (2007)
- The Orphanage (2007)
- Let the Right One In (2008)
- I Saw the Devil (2010)
- Confessions (2010)
the list goes on and on... so to be honest I don't know what you're talking about... probably your taste then.. (no offense really)

Last edited:
Reactions: spawnshop
Your guys definition of commercial horror is strange. I classify it in two categories, hollywood and indie.
In that list [REC], I Saw The Devil and Let the Right One In are not hollywood. Both are foreign movies so limited release in UK/US.

Reactions: digitalbabe