Bournemouth, UK
Release date: 6th April 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2000

Part of the Gallery 1988 Zavvi Exclusive Wave

desperado.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking and just went ahead and ordered. Just got a tad confused and mixed up with your warning quote about Dutch and German editions being matte and then I thought of the recent Jurassic Park steels with German j-cards (which obviously weren't zavvi exclusives over there). Different kettle of fish though as these are the Zavvi gallery range. Phew.. Bet you anything I'll check my emails in the morning and the b***ards will have honored my request and I'll have to re-order at €13 :rofl:

it's actually about 14€ without the code. ;)

by the way, i was almost in the same position as you last night , when i ordered a copy of "they live" steelbook from zavvi.de, but then realized it doesn't mention "steelbook" in the item's description on the DE site even if it's showing the steelbook mockups... then i started thinking, maybe they are not allowed to sell the steelbook on their german site because of licence restrictions or something ?! - was very happy to see a dispatch e-mail this morning that says "they live" ultra limited steelbook has been shipped.

i can absolutely assure you though (as the others @UpsetSmiley @BluSteel2012 before me) that you will get the UK version of "desperado" even when you ordered from the german site. the german version is exclusive to mediamarkt in germany/austria, the italian version is exclusive to dvd-store.it.
;)

Reactions: ihategiantspiders
Always nice when not long ago you buy steels for zavvii to so quickly reduce them, absolute ****

i think 99% of people around this forum have been in the same position before...
i was on the fence for "desperado" too the last days, but i was feeling it in my guts that a price reduction wasn't far away and if that would happen they would reduce ALL the titles and not only two or three, and my guessing was right.

my advice is, learn to estimate demand for a certain title, there is some major indicators for this:
* is it MARVEL / DISNEY? (Tarantino, Arnie, Stallone follow up next in terms of popularity i tend to think...).
* is it a NEW or an older CATALOGUE title?
* print-run 2000/less or only "limited"?
* re-issue of a title already available in steelbook?
* is it WEA, or is the same steelbook artwork announced for a release elswhere too (worldwide)?
* is it "region free" or only "region A / B / C"?
* does the disc /movie have german dubbing /subs (germany is i think the 3rd biggest market for steelbooks...)

Last edited:
Back up in price now to £12.99. The whole range other than Superbad has increased. Did order this one, but debated on a couple of others, wish I took the plunge now.

OP updated with new price.
You should really leave the OP as the price it was when it was a pre order not to what it is after release date as that can change up/down at anytime

The Price now is £12.99 not £9.99
The price in most cases will change up or down after release date as in a few weeks it could be a different price to what it is now

The price in the OP is also meant to show the original price it was at live time and before release date and that was £14.99

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Y Fronts
Received my copy yesterday and have to say, this is a awesome steelbook. The gloss finish is very nice indeed, so glad I added this baby to my collection.

Reactions: Noodles
Got mine yesterday too... great looking steel! The Gallery 1988 wave has really grown on me after having most of them in hand... shame they're not all gloss and embossed though.

I received my copy today and must say that this steelbook deserves more attention from collectors. It's a great looking steelbook and could be one of my choises for the year of the steelbook. I rarely double dip for steelbooks, but I just had to for this beauty.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666