snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 25th, 2015
Purchase link: Despicable Me 1 & 2
Price: EUR 24.00

Ich---Einfach-Unverbesserlich-1&2-(SteelBook-Media-Markt-Exclusiv)-[Blu-ray-3D].png

The jokes about German text are old and redundant
^

THANK YOU! :LOL:
Sorry for you guys to be so f***ed up about the german titles - i don't mind 'em at all. :p

Already got the single releases, but Steve's expression is great on this one :rofl:
May pick it up if they have it in my local store..

I was all 'oooh' for a moment until I saw 'ICH EINFACH UNVERBESSERLICH'.

Still don't understand why they feel it's necessary to retitle well-known foreign films this way; especially when we're told that the vast majority of Germans are fully conversant with the English language.

Apart from anything else, it's not a direct translation, that would likely be 'Jammerliches Ich' - What it says on the front cover is: 'I simply incorrigible'

[QUOTE="Apart from anything else, it's not a direct translation, that would likely be 'Jammerliches Ich' - What it says on the front cover is: 'I simply incorrigible'[/QUOTE]

Sorry but you're translation is not quite correct, 'jämmerlich' would rather be 'pathetic' .

And why not German titles - this film is also for kids under 10 who are not overly conversant with the English language.

Reactions: monsterzebra