Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: POKÉMON: Detective Pikachu

Genre: Mystery, Action, Family

Director: Rob Letterman

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith, Kathryn Newton, Bill Nighy, Suki Waterhouse, Ken Watanabe, Chris Geere, Rita Ora

Release: 2019-05-09

Plot: A live-action film franchise based on Detective Pikachu, a new character in the Pokemon universe. There is currently no official release date nor a official synopsis or plot released.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Detective Pikachu ()

Genre: [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Rob Letterman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Danny DeVito[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kathryn Newton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Justice Smith[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE][/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A live-action film franchise based on Detective Pikachu, a new character in the Pokemon universe. There is currently no official release date nor a official synopsis or plot released.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qtKejtvOWlKN28PMEwWUJKON2AZ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Source: ComingSoon.net

Legendary Eyes Live Action Pokemon Movie
pokemonmovie.jpg

Although plans appear to be in the very early stages, Deadline is reporting that Legendary Pictures is looking into developing a live action Pokemon movie! At this point, no specific deal has been worked out, but the article notes that long gestating plans to secure the big screen rights to Pokemon are now being bolstered by the massive success of the augmented reality game Pokemon GO.

This actually could be really good.
If they take some liberties with the Pokemon and make them look real and more "cooler".
kind of like this:
realistic_pokemon_season_1_by_arvalis-d66xl8c.jpg

If it had some really good CGI. mixed with a decent story. I'm SO IN.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Not quite what I wanted out of a live-action Pokemon film. Legendary has finally acquired the rights and the first live-action film will be... Detective Pikachu. Yes... a CGI Pikachu solving crimes... in the real world. :banghead:

All because of this f*cking Pokemon go!!!

Where I work there are so many sad b*stards Young and old walking around playing this f*cking game!!!!!! I have weirdos coming up to me all day asking if I play lol

I must look like the type or something lol

One guy on the bus last Friday when I was coming home after the pub rather drunk was showing me all his Pokemon and cheat maps and I was trying to politely tell him I'm not interested and he wouldn't stop so I literally had to shout at him lol was quite bad but a week later I can laugh about it hahaha

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Pokemon GO is AWESOME. I was that target age when Pokemon was at it peak so I still love it and GO made me realize that lol. A live action movie would be great if they follow the original storyline somehow. But Detective Pikachu?:stop:

As a youngster I would peruse the playground with my deck of Pokemon cards. It was all about trying to seek out the holy grail of Mewtwo.

T'was all fun and games but is now worth £450 on eBay. :watch:

It wall about Pokemon and Digimon back in those days. I hope this film is good.

Take my moaning with a pinch of banta.

Yeah I think your a sad b*stard for playing it but imagine it's your mate calling you it. Hell I get called a sad b+stard by my mates for collecting steels and the same film in 5 different packages lol just like half of you probably do

And I kinda get it if your younger than me. It's a throwback to your youth like how excited I got that the original crash bandicoot is being released on ps4

I'm in a age bracket that kinda missed Pokemon by a millimetre

I watched the cartoon here and there as a kid but just wasn't me

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database