Devils Double (HMV Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Release date: 26-12-2011

region locked.

edit - apsmith21 - from the distributor's facebook page...

question said:
Thanks for the pics. Steelbook looks amazing. BTW it is a steelbook right? Not a stickerbook (Steelbook with artwork stuck on rather than printed on)

answer said:
Glad you like! It is indeed a Steelbook (ie. gold finish metal case) for the blu-ray. Image is printed, but the quality if premium. You'll have to check it out in HMV stores!

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=388108

38304310150358341126845 (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I also pre ordered even though I never heard of this movie. It should be pretty cool though, because they were talking about it at the SDCC. I thought the art was pretty cool, so I went on Ebay and bought the full size poster

artwork,even from this tiny pic you can tell it don't look that good:(

Attachments

• devils double.JPG
    devils double.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 58
hmvs pic doesnt look like a steelbook at all. doesnt look like a stickerbook by that either.
maybe a blue plastic amaray case with a metal plate with the artwork on if anything.
im hoping the pic is an early mock up, and the finished article will be on par with the likes of thor and scarface.
im sure there were enough bad vibes surrounding the 2 stickerbooks to put everyone off putting any more out.

hmvs pic doesnt look like a steelbook at all. doesnt look like a stickerbook by that either.
maybe a blue plastic amaray case with a metal plate with the artwork on if anything.
im hoping the pic is an early mock up, and the finished article will be on par with the likes of thor and scarface.
im sure there were enough bad vibes surrounding the 2 stickerbooks to put everyone off putting any more out.

Whilst agreeing with you wholeheartedly that it looks like a standard blue amaray case, perhaps UK will get its first Steel Case which of course would have just an amaray inside. The pricing point is totally wrong though for a Steelbook Print and probably too low for a Label as well. Expect a raft of excuses that they priced it up incorrectly before they ramp the price up to a "normal" level of £15-£17, it's not as if other online stores haven't played that game before.

Last edited:
They've made a mistake on hmv and posted a picture of a kylie blu ray by accident. This has no bearing to the actual artwork. Lol, you can see kylie in writing and in the pic above it.

618w_kylie_tour_dvd.jpg

:hilarious:excellent,you have better eyesight then me.
couldn't make anything out from that tiny pic.

Bit harsh calling Kylie the "Devil's Double". LOL I think she's kinda sexy but maybe that's why they dropped the price so they can say that "sometimes mistakes are made blah, blah, blah" and rack it back up to usual level. :hilarious:

thank god i thought that was gonna be the final artwork. Just checked out the trailer, looks like a good flick. would be great if the steel were gold like the poster.

The Devil's Double (HMV Steelbook, UK)

Just a heads up for you guys.

HMV are offering The Devil's Double in steelbook form for £11.99, available for pre-order. I have not seen the film but at that price felt it rude not to! :D

Last edited: