Dirty Dancing (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: 2017 TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: WEA steelbook

Dear collectors,
let us politely inform you that we have selected the following movies for the FAC, together with our distribution partner MagicBox .
We plan WEA FAC steelbooks for these titles: The Shawshank Redemption Papillon, DIRTY DANCING, THE THING and BACKDRAFT.
The first title SHAWSHANK is timelined for 2Q 2016 in this year , the rest belong to the plan for the year 2017.
Thank you for your support and look forward to working with you .
Team FA

Last edited by a moderator:
They should had Labyrinth:woot: instead of this :naughty:
Lol..:LOL:Definitely:thumbs: i'd like to see fa do a package for that with a WEA steelbook, and vibrant popping colours all over it.. really dislike that mondo dull steelbook. . Only thing that's good is the disc art.
I like the fact that fa are going for dirty dancing cos it shows that there is possibility for them to do other 80's films, dance movies, comedies etc:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
I'm sure it'll make for a beautiful full slipcover. Perhaps a pink background with the words "Dirty Dancing" on the front like Nova Media's Drive but with glitter. The Steelbook maybe could be white.

Whether it's Steelbook material or not is a different matter. The FA collection is expanding, which personally makes it easier for me to not buy them all. ;)

Dirty Dancing is a very popular film and was a huge hit in 1987
Budget of $6 million
Box Office $214 million

It was the number one video rental of 1988 and became the first film to sell a million copies on video
As of 2005, it was selling a million DVDs per year with over 10 million copies sold as of 2007 and still sells today
The Soundtrack was a huge seller 18 weeks at number one on the Billboard Charts and was a big Hit on the UK Charts
When I was in the Record/Video Retail business the DVD and CD Soundtrack was a constant seller every week

Dirty Dancing is a very popular film with women all of my ex girlfriends it was a popular film with all of them even the ones I did not expect it would be
To give you an idea how popular in 2007 survey by Britain's Sky Movies listed Dirty Dancing as number one on "Women's most-watched films beating Star Wars

It's not a film personally I would though be interested in getting as a steelbook but I'm sure there will be some who will be
Be interesting to see which members names appear in a group buy list :rofl:

I still though surprised as to this getting a film arena collection release but it should still sell as to how many I'm not sure it was not a title that I would have considered for a steelbook
What's the % of customers who collect steelbooks are women

Most men will be not in a rush to get this unless they have girlfriends or married but I'm sure some will still get it even if it's just to have it regardless

Reactions: Danzigg1979
Dirty Dancing is a very popular film and was a huge hit in 1987
Budget of $6 million
Box Office $214 million

It was the number one video rental of 1988 and became the first film to sell a million copies on video
As of 2005, it was selling a million DVDs per year with over 10 million copies sold as of 2007 and still sells today
The Soundtrack was a huge seller 18 weeks at number one on the Billboard Charts and was a big Hit on the UK Charts
When I was in the Record/Video Retail business the DVD and CD Soundtrack was a constant seller every week

Dirty Dancing is a very popular film with women all of my ex girlfriends it was a popular film with all of them even the ones I did not expect it would be
To give you an idea how popular in 2007 survey by Britain's Sky Movies listed Dirty Dancing as number one on "Women's most-watched films beating Star Wars

It's not a film personally I would though be interested in getting as a steelbook but I'm sure there will be some who will be
Be interesting to see which members names appear in a group buy list :rofl:

I still though surprised as to this getting a film arena collection release but it should still sell as to how many I'm not sure it was not a title that I would have considered for a steelbook
What's the % of customers who collect steelbooks are women

Most men will be not in a rush to get this unless they have girlfriends or married but I'm sure some will still get it even if it's just to have it regardless

Fact is sweetheart we have no idea on members gender nationalities ect thanks to user names and avatars .

Thats the way it SHOULD be . I was supprised at how good a movie this was when I first saw it. Went with my best friend she had just passed her driving test . Flipping good feel good watch .

Killer soundtrack .

As for the percentage of women who collect steelbooks who knows . Will it bring more women into collecting maybe .

I'd like to think it's about the movie for me The Thing and The Shawshank Redemption over Dirty Dancing . It's good and I like it not as much as the other 2 .

Reactions: paulboland
i dont like this movie but im cool with this release since it's a new steelbook title and not another rerelease... at least it gives me hope that maybe few other titles will get the steel treatment they deserve someday, it's quite amazing in fact that movies like schindlers list, the usual suspects, donnie darko, raging bull, the breakfast club, catch me if u can and many other great movies didnt made it so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: snooloui and rj531
We get titles like this but no marvel etc...how about deadpool ,starwars or blade , I love FAC but starting to be put off by multiple version of certain films.