Dirty Dancing (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: 2017 TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: WEA steelbook

Dear collectors,
let us politely inform you that we have selected the following movies for the FAC, together with our distribution partner MagicBox .
We plan WEA FAC steelbooks for these titles: The Shawshank Redemption Papillon, DIRTY DANCING, THE THING and BACKDRAFT.
The first title SHAWSHANK is timelined for 2Q 2016 in this year , the rest belong to the plan for the year 2017.
Thank you for your support and look forward to working with you .
Team FA

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one thinking this is a odd choice for FAC ? Can't imagine a lot of guys will want this in their collection tbh

They will if they want to get laid lol

(Fella: "Come back to mine, we can chill and watch dirty dancing"

drunk lady: "ahh you own dirty dancing?"

Fella: "yeah..... Premium package babe")

Or to practice the lift so they can pull that out on the dance floor

I hope one day we get a steel for footloose personally

This is the only one I'm not interested in that list. I have seen the film once and thought it was one of the most overrated films. Ghost or Point Break would had been better choices as Patrick Swayze films, especially Point Break IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
Yeah that's true, they won't want it but will need to buy it anyway, just seems like a wasted title choice to me

True but this is also a extremely popular movie. Some may not admit to it but I guarantee there are men out there (on here) that do like this film regardless of snoos comment.
plus this film is more popular with the ladies and funnily enough there are female collectors out there and on here

I've never actually seen it (well I've seen the last 20ish mins) and I've seen some "key" scènes before.

Even Ghost would have been a better choice IMO :LOL:

Ghost is a decent film, i like footloose too (plus i love the poster art with bacon and his Walkman with the white background). I'm even a fan of pretty woman (well I've not seen it in years but it's not too bad)

Last edited:
True but this is also a extremely popular movie. Some may not admit to it but I guarantee there are men out there (on here) that do like this film regardless of snoos comment.
plus this film is more popular with the ladies and funnily enough there are female collectors out there and on here

I've never actually seen it (well I've seen the last 20ish mins) and I've seen some "key" scènes before.

Ghost is a decent film, i like footloose too (plus i love the poster art with bacon and his Walkman with the wohout background). I'm even a fan of pretty woman (well I've not seen it in years but it's not too bad)
All better choices IMO :thumbs: no doubt they're fans of this movie on here and elsewhere but enough true fans to warrant a release ? Doubt it but I'm sure FAC will do a great job with it as usual but its one I'll deffo be passing on lol

Reactions: Flloydo
All better choices IMO :thumbs: no doubt they're fans of this movie on here and elsewhere but enough true fans to warrant a release ? Doubt it but I'm sure FAC will do a great job with it as usual but its one I'll deffo be passing on lol

Oh prob not enough true fans lol (true fans of this movie prob don't even collect steelbooks or at least the majority of its true fans)
Yeah I'll be passing too but like you say I imagine the package will be nice.

All are 2017 releases except for one.these are catalog titles.Can't believe they're willing to put all their marbles with these...

Didn't notice that. Strange

Reactions: Scarface
This was on a lot back when Sky launched, not many channels really at first and not much on, my sisters would put it on and on, :LOL: ended up watching it in the end, refused to watch it a while too. It has a memorable soundtrack with Patrick Swayze singing in it also, it's likely you heard some of the songs being used elsewhere. Not bad really just one you may not want to pick out to watch, unless you did back then, considered a chick flick even more today, not taking anything away from it, good performance from Swayze. I'm sure FAC will give this a good release it has good source material to use as well, may consider this one, I see this one is penciled in for 2017.

Last edited:
YES, finally Dirty Dancing as Steelbook :happy: I really waited for this. I did not buy any Blu-ray realease because I wanted a Steelbook. A littel sad, that they anounce it so long before we will finally get it, but since I waited so long already, I guees I can wait a little more.

I have 4 editions of this film (the UK BD digi being my fave), but if the steel gets the usual amazing FAC treatment, I'm getting that one too. Need to see beauty shots first, but I'm already quite certain I'm in for the ride :D

I'm not interested in this, or any of the other fac announced.. a part from SR of course. Like others have said, ghost would have been a better choice.. I watch that movie just for Whoopi Goldberg and I'd definitely buy it:) also footloose, I think fa could do a great 80's package. I'd really like to see the color purple done with the FA treatment too.. any steelbook release of those titles is buy.

This is great for those that want it, hopefully there's enough interest so fa don't back out.

Reactions: harry
I'm not interested in this, or any of the other fac announced.. a part from SR of course. Like others have said, ghost would have been a better choice.. I watch that movie just for Whoopi Goldberg and I'd definitely buy it:) also footloose, I think fa could do a great 80's package. I'd really like to see the color purple done with the FA treatment too.. any steelbook release of those titles is buy.

This is great for those that want it, hopefully there's enough interest so fa don't back out.

They should had Labyrinth:woot: instead of this :naughty:

Reactions: chunk
There's no denying it's a popular film. Whether it's popular enough among the steelbook collecting demographic is an interesting question.

you can bet your money on it that this will be a VERY popular title. guys will either buy it to please their girlfriends /wifes or add it to the collection in the hope to get laid someday, and the females will buy it anyway no matter what. :)
i think from the new announcements, this is by far the best movie choice. a true 80s classic.