District 10 - In theaters TBA

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter

Neill Blomkamp Confirms District 9 Sequel District 10 Is Moving Forward​

Filmmaker Neil Blomkamp has taken to social media to confirm that the sequel to his breakout 2009 sci-fi action film District 9 is in active development, and will be titled District 10. In a tweet, Blomkamp informed fans that "District 10 screenplay also being written by @sharlto @territatchell and I. Its coming...". The two people Blomkamp references are none other than District 9 star Sharlto Copley and Blomkamp's wife/collaborator Terri Tatchell, who are also apparently involved with screenwriting duties on the sequel.

via CB

cbWYSpNWFQpOycqXw3xsuyW0tQz.jpg

Title: District 10

Genre: Science Fiction

Plot: Plot unknown.

Reactions: raspor
Jun 11, 2016
I've always been some sort of minority regarding the idea of its sequel, as I thought (and still think) that the semi-open ending was perfect. Just like Bladerunner.

Blomkamp turned out to be one-hit-wonder anyway, as Elysium was badly written, and Chappie was one of the worst and most annoying film experiences I ever witnessed.

Thank God he never got to ruin Alien (Ridley did that instead of him).

Feb 16, 2012
London UK
I've always been some sort of minority regarding the idea of its sequel, as I thought (and still think) that the semi-open ending was perfect. Just like Bladerunner.

Blomkamp turned out to be one-hit-wonder anyway, as Elysium was badly written, and Chappie was one of the worst and most annoying film experiences I ever witnessed.

Thank God he never got to ruin Alien (Ridley did that instead of him).
Got to agree with you there. I found Elysium to be a bit of a let down and remember feeling a bit gutted that I paid to see it in the cinema. Never got around to watching Chappie after that.

Reactions: PracticingPat