District 10 - In theaters TBA

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere

Neill Blomkamp Confirms District 9 Sequel District 10 Is Moving Forward​

Filmmaker Neil Blomkamp has taken to social media to confirm that the sequel to his breakout 2009 sci-fi action film District 9 is in active development, and will be titled District 10. In a tweet, Blomkamp informed fans that "District 10 screenplay also being written by @sharlto @territatchell and I. Its coming...". The two people Blomkamp references are none other than District 9 star Sharlto Copley and Blomkamp's wife/collaborator Terri Tatchell, who are also apparently involved with screenwriting duties on the sequel.

via CB

cbWYSpNWFQpOycqXw3xsuyW0tQz.jpg

Title: District 10

Genre: Science Fiction

Plot: Plot unknown.

Reactions: raspor
I've always been some sort of minority regarding the idea of its sequel, as I thought (and still think) that the semi-open ending was perfect. Just like Bladerunner.

Blomkamp turned out to be one-hit-wonder anyway, as Elysium was badly written, and Chappie was one of the worst and most annoying film experiences I ever witnessed.

Thank God he never got to ruin Alien (Ridley did that instead of him).

I've always been some sort of minority regarding the idea of its sequel, as I thought (and still think) that the semi-open ending was perfect. Just like Bladerunner.

Blomkamp turned out to be one-hit-wonder anyway, as Elysium was badly written, and Chappie was one of the worst and most annoying film experiences I ever witnessed.

Thank God he never got to ruin Alien (Ridley did that instead of him).
Got to agree with you there. I found Elysium to be a bit of a let down and remember feeling a bit gutted that I paid to see it in the cinema. Never got around to watching Chappie after that.

Reactions: PracticingPat