Do you keep your beer bottles or caps?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Simply put, do you keep any of your beer bottles or caps? I know some guys keep 1 bottler per brand and display them in garages and stuff. Or my best friend, displays them above cabinets in his house since he's a bachelor.

I dont do anything with bottles, however I do keep all my caps and thats why I have started to drink a variety of stuff when I do buy.

Why?

Well....

I saw this one episode of that house show that is all about backyards ... cant remember the name of the show. Backyards?

Anyways, he turned a home brewers backyard into a beer garden and one thing they did was take the caps he had stored and made an awesome table out of them. They just placed all the caps on a table then poured that liquid plastic lacquer like stuff on top of it .... was really cool. So I just started saving my caps so I can make a table like that later. Should be a fun and cool project.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

wow, after doing a google images search, I see tons of people have done stuff.

beer pong tables, keg tables , poker tables etc.

http://archive.blisstree.com/files/150/2008/02/bottle-cap2.jpg

http://www.finishing.com/175/17560.jpg

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/dc/11-21-green-2.jpg

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 545
Last edited by a moderator:
this would be a cool idea. im planning to do this with wine corks and hoping to use them to make a coffee table top.

if you make one of these, class it up and dont make a bud light table :hilarious:

this would be a cool idea. im planning to do this with wine corks and hoping to use them to make a coffee table top.

if you make one of these, class it up and dont make a bud light table :hilarious:

I was just thinking the same thing. I especially like the one with BL, BL w/lime, Red Stripe, and Mike's Hard Lemonaid caps.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing for a bar top when we finish the basement. Probably going to shoot for a healthy dose of local caps (Boulevard, Schlafly, O'Fallon) with a few other good ones like Avery, Founders, Green Flash, Lagunitas, Stone, and 3 Floyds.

Splax, how far are you from 3 Floyds? A few of us from work are probably going to put together a day trip (maybe two day) and drive up to 3 Floyds. If you aren't too far away, you're more than welcome to join us.

I could try and save some corks for you Mobius if you need a few extra.

I do save bottles though. I'll save them if they are a special edition like the Boulevard/Deschutes Collaboration #2, Stone IPA STL and KC bottles, etc. I'll also save them if it's a beer that I liked, but can't get here very often or the bottle has good artwork like the Clown Shoes stuff. My shelf is a little bit of a make shift cellar at the moment too. Most are empty, but I've got a a full Schlafly 2008 Imperial Stout, Charleville's Ale Mucho Hoppo, and five different beers from Clown Shoes.

Last edited:
I can start saving some caps for you wreck if you want some unique ones. We got lakefront, tyranena, capital, sprecher, central waters, new glarus, and ale asylum craft breweries here in wi if you want some I could collect some and send them your way.

Splax, how far are you from 3 Floyds? A few of us from work are probably going to put together a day trip (maybe two day) and drive up to 3 Floyds. If you aren't too far away, you're more than welcome to join us.

I wish I was closer but unfortunately I am like 5 hours away so a day trip is tough. The closest I will be there in the near future is next saturday I plan on heading to Hopcat in Grand Rapids for there bottle release of The Rapture.

I can start saving some caps for you wreck if you want some unique ones. We got lakefront, tyranena, capital, sprecher, central waters, new glarus, and ale asylum craft breweries here in wi if you want some I could collect some and send them your way.

yeah sounds good, i dont drink wine near as frequent but I'll save some for you and tell my Mom too who drinks a lot of wine. :p

Yeah I'm going for the all around mixture of any and all caps. In fact I was even trying out a different 6 pack like every time for this very reason heh. I dont want like more than 20 of one cap. Right now I just save any and every cap though. Find a drawer and just start throwing them in and whomever makes osmething first (me or O_C ) then just mail them to him/me.

I can get some pretty cool caps in my area too, if anyone else is trying to make something.

yeah sounds good, i dont drink wine near as frequent but I'll save some for you and tell my Mom too who drinks a lot of wine. :p

Yeah I'm going for the all around mixture of any and all caps. In fact I was even trying out a different 6 pack like every time for this very reason heh. I dont want like more than 20 of one cap. Right now I just save any and every cap though. Find a drawer and just start throwing them in and whomever makes osmething first (me or O_C ) then just mail them to him/me.

I can get some pretty cool caps in my area too, if anyone else is trying to make something.

will do. ill try to remember to save all my wisconsin brewery caps or any other brewery that is less abundant. once i get a good number ill send them to you or off or both when you guys want them :)

As promised, here is a picture of my bottle shelf/cellar. I've got a couple of the bottles up there as place holders (FW Double Jack) so the shelf doesn't look so pathetic, but about half of the bottles are still full. I don't turn the overhead light on very often, so I don't have to worry about the light spoiling the beer.

Attachments

• IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 230
I'm scratching my head on this one, but thanks to Mobius and my extreme fanboyism of Schlafly, I've started a quest to get at least one bottle of all four of the 20th Anniversary beers. Volume 3 (Citrus Wit) was easy. I just bought one for myself when I got the one for Mobius. Volume 2 (Hop Toddy Ale) was also very easy. One of my local guys wanted one of my bottles of Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon Ale, and I saw he had the Volume 2, so we did a even trade. Volume 1 (Imperial Pilsner) is proving to be the hardest one to get. I got on to Beer Advocate and saw that only one person has it listed in their got list. I contacted the guy, and he's willing to trade as long as he can get the bottle back.
lame.gif
Normally in the beer bottle world, you only keep the bottle as a trophy if you drink the beer that was in that bottle.

Anyway, thanks to a few connections, I might be able to get the empty bottle that he wants. So the trade would be me getting the Volume 1 with beer inside, and this guy getting a Black Butte XXIII that I already have and an empty Volume 1 bottle.

As for Volume 4, a Southern Hemisphere IPA, it was brewed yesterday, and I was told when it would be released last night, but I've been sworn to secracy.

I'm scratching my head on this one, but thanks to Mobius and my extreme fanboyism of Schlafly, I've started a quest to get at least one bottle of all four of the 20th Anniversary beers. Volume 3 (Citrus Wit) was easy. I just bought one for myself when I got the one for Mobius. Volume 2 (Hop Toddy Ale) was also very easy. One of my local guys wanted one of my bottles of Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon Ale, and I saw he had the Volume 2, so we did a even trade. Volume 1 (Imperial Pilsner) is proving to be the hardest one to get. I got on to Beer Advocate and saw that only one person has it listed in their got list. I contacted the guy, and he's willing to trade as long as he can get the bottle back.
lame.gif
Normally in the beer bottle world, you only keep the bottle as a trophy if you drink the beer that was in that bottle.

Anyway, thanks to a few connections, I might be able to get the empty bottle that he wants. So the trade would be me getting the Volume 1 with beer inside, and this guy getting a Black Butte XXIII that I already have and an empty Volume 1 bottle.

As for Volume 4, a Southern Hemisphere IPA, it was brewed yesterday, and I was told when it would be released last night, but I've been sworn to secracy.

lol. is he willing to pay you for the shipping back then? thats one of the weirdest things ive heard.

i've been collecting some caps for a couple months now, and have a decent amount. do you still want them wreck?

split the bag in half ;) or give this one to off and give me the next ... I wont be making anything anytime soon.

How big of a bag are we talking? I'd be more than happy to give them a good home.

split the bag in half ;) or give this one to off and give me the next ... I wont be making anything anytime soon.

its not a huge bag full, maybe like 50 caps in there.

ill keep collecting them and when i get more ill split it and ship them to you both. ill be adding two caps tonight :)