Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: This steelbook has the title on the spine.

11355402-2804450968512937.jpg

11355402-2124450968749505.jpg
11355402-4354450969197693.jpg
11355402-6484450968333585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the type of artwork that suits gamers and the self proclaimed creative folks. They could have at least used key characters on the inside.

Have you seen the movie? I'm usually all for title on spine etc, but this is one instance where I think making it look like the book from the movie makes perfect sense. So I really like the USA one in that regard. Same as how I liked the Book of Eli Canada for its "somewhat" book like spine but wish they had gone full on .... like this one. Granted I get the industry side of it ... they love times like this where they can avoid having to ask anyone for permission for likeness etc.

But its Disney Marvel .... if you want faces from other "poster promo art" fear not ... BluFans and/or Korea will provide. Still very cool to own this one a long side one of those in the future. 1) because its a great gimmick item based on the movie. :) and 2) you'll wait AGES to get your hands on those "other" editions.

Have you seen the movie? I'm usually all for title on spine etc, but this is one instance where I think making it look like the book from the movie makes perfect sense. So I really like the USA one in that regard. Same as how I liked the Book of Eli Canada for its "somewhat" book like spine but wish they had gone full on .... like this one. Granted I get the industry side of it ... they love times like this where they can avoid having to ask anyone for permission for likeness etc.

But its Disney Marvel .... if you want faces from other "poster promo art" fear not ... BluFans and/or Korea will provide. Still very cool to own this one a long side one of those in the future. 1) because its a great gimmick item based on the movie. :) and 2) you'll wait AGES to get your hands on those "other" editions.

I do get your point but complete omission of characters is not nice. I love poster arts btw.

When I see a wedding album, I expect the to see the bride and the groom on the front and not something that suits the wedding or its theme lol.

Wouldn't fret about the missing Doctor Strange on the front of this steel as he's going to pop up in this classic guise on a lenticular magnet stuck to a Zavvi DOCTOR STRANGE steelbook #2 in six month's time.
Speaking for myself I love the chosen artwork . . . as I do, to a lesser extent, the artwork on the WARCRAFT steelbook and I expect to love the artwork on the three MUMMY steels hopefully also coming to the U.K. sometime soon..

Future Zavvi "Doctor Strange" depth lenti steelbook front? (either or)

Reactions: robbodoc
I do get your point but complete omission of characters is not nice. I love poster arts btw.

When I see a wedding album, I expect the to see the bride and the groom on the front and not something that suits the wedding or its theme lol.

Yeah but half the time you see shots like of their hands with rings or the two walking away etc. lol ... so still not the faces. :p

I just see it as since we know the game, we know there will be editions with poster art on the slipboxes and surely a steelbook to come etc. However not often do they do something that is so obvious and miss an opportunity etc. So in the case of the book it makes sense on this one. Which given the amount of movies we own here (members here) its definitely sometimes nice to have something a bit "different" on the shelf. :) I think the GOTG walkman steel is definitely nice to now have in the onslaught of GOTG poster art stuff that has came since. Would have been cooler if it was more like the actual one in the movie .. but paying SOny for that license wasn't gonna happen by Disney/Marvel. ha.

Plus with this book one Nova can make lenti spines and front that make it even more like a book. ha.

And to completely make all my points above irrelevant ... who needs a metal case modeled after a book from the movie when you can just do a Digibook version like that. :p

Yeah but half the time you see shots like of their hands with rings or the two walking away etc. lol ... so still not the faces. :p

I just see it as since we know the game, we know there will be editions with poster art on the slipboxes and surely a steelbook to come etc. However not often do they do something that is so obvious and miss an opportunity etc. So in the case of the book it makes sense on this one. Which given the amount of movies we own here (members here) its definitely sometimes nice to have something a bit "different" on the shelf. :) I think the GOTG walkman steel is definitely nice to now have in the onslaught of GOTG poster art stuff that has came since. Would have been cooler if it was more like the actual one in the movie .. but paying SOny for that license wasn't gonna happen by Disney/Marvel. ha.

Plus with this book one Nova can make lenti spines and front that make it even more like a book. ha.

And to completely make all my points above irrelevant ... who needs a metal case modeled after a book from the movie when you can just do a Digibook version like that. :p

But if they knew that then why do it?

I mean if you had a choice between "Oh we could use some of the awesome poster art used in the marketing, we could come up with our own poster art OR we could use the walkman except we'd have to change it so it would be pointless" you wouldn't choose the most retarded choice of them all

Just screams laziness and stupidity

I for one like the book look of this steelbook and not just because it's different.
Certainly not unique in going for the old fashioned old book look and seen already in lesser attempts such as with the new "Harry Potter" steels, "Dead Poets' Society" and "Hook" as just a few examples.
A collectable steelbook with a big "C" if ever I saw one and congrats to the designers, and the others involved, for keeping the artwork fresh and interesting in the world of steelbooks instead of taking the less inventive option with having them all "samey" with poster art or photoshopped scenes from the films :thumbs:

But if they knew that then why do it?

I mean if you had a choice between "Oh we could use some of the awesome poster art used in the marketing, we could come up with our own poster art OR we could use the walkman except we'd have to change it so it would be pointless" you wouldn't choose the most retarded choice of them all

Just screams laziness and stupidity

idk ... I mean looking at that GOTG now ... I know a lot of regular consumers (which out number the die hards) that are very happy with that edition. And now myself as a die hard am just happy to have it as an alternative. We should get Zesty to do a slip with the real walkman art haha ... let that slide over.

I do like the look of this and with embossing and spot gloss it should look great in hand. At least it looks exactly like the book in the movie. ( and not completely different like the Walkman)

At least there seems to be some thought behind the design, unlike just putting some poster art on the front.

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman