Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

5t33lb0y

Premium Supporter
Dec 31, 2020
Release date: July 26, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

DoctorStrangeInTheMultiverseOfMadness-steelbook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm becoming increasingly indifferent to steelbook collecting. I have 400+ unique UK Steelbook releases collected over nearly a decade but here we are with another titleless piece of dogshit! There were so many great posters for this film and they fo for this? I guess I'll buy the Zavvi lenticular release next year (assuming they're still doing those? We should be getting Back Widow lenticular soon if so)
Nah this is a cool poster. Unlucky

And f**k the lenti range. Art and finish on majority are w@nk. Bring on the 4k wave with the poster art that match all the rest up to ragnarok

Nobody really knows. Something to do with disney and China. They currently don't see eye to eye. Been like that for a couple years now.

This movie wasn't even released in theatres in China which is why it isn't going to cross the $1 Billion mark worldwide.
You’re supposed to be a contributor. If you don’t know the answer then simply don’t answer. Because the info is out there and known OR just wait for Sam Davies to explain to you for the millionth time

I mean everyone has their own perference. But i perfer having front side titless than spine.
I know The Mummy (Tom Cruise) UK release has no title on spine, Seventh Son same and i think Dr. Strange US release and some EU has same problem....
I can't stand release with 0 titles on spine. Front side ni problem, but spine :-/

Reactions: Shark and samdavies
I mean everyone has their own perference. But i perfer having front side titless than spine.
I know The Mummy (Tom Cruise) UK release has no title on spine, Seventh Son same and i think Dr. Strange US release and some EU has same problem....
I can't stand release with 0 titles on spine. Front side ni problem, but spine :-/
You won’t get MCU films without spine titles anymore. That simply won’t happen

I think the last release without a spine title was Pixar’s onwards in the U.K.
But you won’t see that on marvel anymore. Been like that for years

But also, people who think you are going to get the best of the poster arts on the first WWA marvel steel (or in most cases any films first release) then you are a doughnut. They save them for the re releases and premiums (which no longer happen). Luckily in this case for dr strange 2 all the posters are great... which is rare

Infact it’s usually something completely different to poster art on the first releases. So we got lucky with this art

It’s always fun seeing posters go through the “I’ve spent a lot of money on this hobby and I’m not feeling it as much anymore so I’m going to disparage everything that releases” stage of collecting in real time. Happens like once a month or so on here.

Is 400 supposed to be a lot?

Nah this is a cool poster. Unlucky

And f**k the lenti range. Art and finish on majority are w@nk. Bring on the 4k wave with the poster art that match all the rest up to ragnarok

Oh I agree. I'd rather have a continuation of the 4K poster range but feel that ship has sailed. Some of the lenticular releases had great art (Civil War, Guardians 2 Avengers 1 3 and 4)

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
It’s always fun seeing posters go through the “I’ve spent a lot of money on this hobby and I’m not feeling it as much anymore so I’m going to disparage everything that releases” stage of collecting in real time. Happens like once a month or so on here.

Is 400 supposed to be a lot?

It just illustrates I've been participating long enough to see an obvious decline in standards.... as evidenced by the fact I spend less and less on this hobby with each passing month! If that offends you then perhaps deep down you know it too but are still in denial

I'm not that bothered. I've made more than enough selling the surplus copies I order on ebay to pay for what I have. If I decide to sell up it will be pure profit :)

Seriously though you do you, if you're happy then that's great!

Last edited:
Oh I agree. I'd rather have a continuation of the 4K poster range but feel that ship has sailed. Some of the lenticular releases had great art (Civil War, Guardians 2 Avengers 1 3 and 4)
There are a couple of good ones. But some are just weird or really bad. Much prefer the unity of the 4K wave

Avengers 4 is very good tho.

Reactions: Shark
There are a couple of good ones. But some are just weird or really bad. Much prefer the unity of the 4K wave

Avengers 4 is very good tho.
Endgame is easily the king of that entire wave. I was honestly shocked it was so good. Had it not been for WeET's wea I'd still own it. IM3 is also rather good, but that's mainly due to there being no other wea though..

Reactions: Shark and Flloydo
It just illustrates I've been participating long enough to see an obvious decline in standards.... as evidenced by the fact I spend less and less on this hobby with each passing month! If that offends you then perhaps deep down you know it too but are still in denial

I'm not that bothered. I've made more than enough selling the surplus copies I order on ebay to pay for what I have. If I decide to sell up it will be pure profit :)

Seriously though you do you, if you're happy then that's great!
You're not the only one to have cut down.

Between Disney+ and the cost of living crisis, I only buy maybe 1 steelbook a month, sometimes not even that.

I haven't bought a Disney title in a year or so. I would always buy their classics and Pixar titles, but with Raya, Turning Red and so on available to stream whenever, I just don't bother buying them. After watching it, I didn't even get Eternals. As it stands, MoM is on Disney+ before the Blu-ray comes out. I'll just watch it then.

The only steelbook I even have on preorder is The Batman with nothing else of interest coming up.

Endgame is easily the king of that entire wave. I was honestly shocked it was so good. Had it not been for WeET's wea I'd still own it. IM3 is also rather good, but that's mainly due to there being no other wea though..
I also like iron man 3. Love the colours on it. Less washed out than some of the others. If that was gloss it would be banging.

I also like iron man 3. Love the colours on it. Less washed out than some of the others. If that was gloss it would be banging.
Agreed. A rare example of near-black matte not looking like total streaky bacon dogsh!t. Artwork is near faultless too, shame the same can't be said for most of the wave.

Reactions: Flloydo
“Really disappointed that Professor Xavier and Reed Richards and the superior Iron Man arent on the cover of this one zero out of five stars” -Internet
Can’t figure out if your just joking or if those characters are in the film.
‘If they are please use the Spoiler button, if your just messing around no worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t figure out if your just joking or if those characters are in the film.
‘If they are please use the Spoiler button, if your just messing around no worries.
was just joking about how people hype their expectations only to be outraged regardless

like, "why aren't all of the x-men on the cover of a movie that's not about them at all, so odd?"

• Haha
Reactions: Jaxxx
I don’t mind title-less front covers, but “tits” are important! :cool:
austin powers breast GIF

I actually like that art... maybe not so much on a steelbook though. And yeah, it'll look really dull with a matte finish. Good thing is they'll no doubt be a million other releases down the line, as is often the case with Marvel. So obviously just a case of being patient and waiting for someone to use whichever artwork you prefer.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: 5t33lb0y