Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
£50 isn't too outlandish, even better if it's still in stock and £44 with code. Nice looking set too, standard slip, cards, booklet set. None of that flashy lights chunky box crap they did before. Just bloody hope that's a removable jcard and bbfc stickers.

Reactions: Flloydo
£50 isn't too outlandish, even better if it's still in stock and £44 with code. Nice set too. Just bloody hope that's a removable jcard and bbfc stickers.
Yeah I’m hoping to just order on release day and save a few quid

Reactions: samdavies
Marvel steelbooks most times still available after release date but for this film I would not be surprised to see sell out quickly

Depends on how many Disney allocated to Zavvi

There’s a lot of Wanda fans out there too. So I also think it might not stick around. I’ll just stick an order in when it’s live lol

My only gripe is I’m not massive on the slip art. And I don’t like it’s repeated on a art card. I love the shattered art on the other card, and the booklet art. Just wish one of them wasn’t repeated. But as a whole it looks cool

Reactions: 3Maters
My only gripe is I’m not massive on the slip art. And I don’t like it’s repeated on a art card. I love the shattered art on the other card, and the booklet art. Just wish one of them wasn’t repeated. But as a whole it looks cool
I don't love the slip art either, but it's not sh!t. Assuming the rear isn't hard printed text, I expect it'll have the wanda variation on it, same as the US target digipack does. Same art cards too.
Doctor-Strange-in-the-Multiverse-of-Madness-Target-2048x1326.jpg

I don't love the slip art either, but it's not sh!t. Assuming the rear isn't hard printed text, I expect it'll have the wanda variation on it, the same as the US target digibook does. Same cards there too.
View attachment 534670
Target release is a DigiPack not a Digibook

I'm not sure about elsewhere in the world, but the UK has been getting 4k/blu disc art in their disney steels for a while now. So yes, it'll be the same here, plus bbfc logos ofc.
Oh good to know. I'm in NZ and get the Aussie release since the UK one is still a lot more than I can get it from there. Still takes just as long to arrive though, damn slow Aussie post. But I'd noticed that our mockup looks the same and we also have art on the discs so I'd assumed it was different for the UK as well. Although seeing that collectors edition from Zavvi I think I might be going for that one anyway.

Release date 18th July

Sooner than I thought
It's 13th July in Australia, wonder what's with all these random dates. I'll take it earlier though of course.

If the banners /ratings logos aren't removable from the slip, they may as well not even bother. As it looks pathetic in that mock up.

I assume it wont have a printed back too?

Reactions: Shark
one of the many reasons i like this design :thumbs: is that you can actually read the title properly on the spine. i've never understood this rigid insistence on putting the 'film logo' on the side in the same layout as the official IP - even if that means it's tiny and you cannot read it properly. :facepalm: @Noodles, yours uses the logo as designed, but redeployed and readable!
Sometimes I get lazy and do the same tbf :p

• Haha
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Remember those childish light up boxes with the pins? Lol. What was that about! They were awful

Much prefer this style
This is certainly an improvement on those, they looked terrible. But I still feel they haven't used the best art on either the slip or the steel :sick:

This is certainly an improvement on those, they looked terrible. But I still feel they haven't used the best art on either the slip or the steel :sick:
I do wish the slip was better. But personally I can’t fault that steel