paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 8, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £27.99 (Zoom) - £25.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)

bbcbd0507_1 (1).jpg

bbcbd0507_2.jpg bbcbd0507_3.jpg bbcbd0507_4.jpg

Last edited:
This four-disc limited edition collector's set includes special episodes and over 7 hours of extras:

The Name of the Doctor

The Series 7 finale, starring Matt Smith. The Doctor has a secret he will take to his grave. And it is discovered...

The Night of the Doctor

Special mini-episode 'The Night of the Doctor' to reveal the Doctor's dark chapter.
Starring Paul McGann, this BBC iPlayer exclusive will for the first time ever reveal what became of the 8th Doctor. On the eve of his most terrible battle, the Time Lord is faced with a choice that will change the course of his life. The darkest of days are about to begin.

The Doctor has always been a man of secrets - and now they can be told...

The Day of the Doctor

The Day of the Doctor stars Matt Smith, David Tennant, Jenna Coleman, with Billie Piper and John Hurt. The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th Anniversary Special: in 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.

The Time of the Doctor

The Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, takes the controls of the TARDIS for the last time in The Time of the Doctor. Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them - the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.

An Adventure in Space and Time

On November 23rd 1963, a television legend began when the very first episode of Doctor Who was broadcast in the UK on BBC One. Fifty years later, An Adventure in Space and Time brings to life the story of the show’s creation and the role in its success of the first producer, director and, of course, the very first Doctor – William Hartnell.

In addition to over 7 hours of extras, including: • The Name of the Doctor Behind The Scenes
• Doctor Who – The Ultimate Guide
• Behind the Lens: The Day of the Doctor
• Script to Screen: 50th Read-through
• The Last Day
• Tales from the TARDIS
• Cinema Intros: The Doctor / Strax
• Trailers
• Behind the Lens: The Time of the Doctor
• A Night with the Stars: The Science of Doctor Who
• Deleted scene
• Farewell to Matt Smith
• William Hartnell: The Original
• The Making of AAISAT
• Reconstructions: Scenes from An Unearthly Child / The Pilot / Regeneration
• Deleted Scenes: The Radiophonic Workshop / Verity’s Leaving Party
• Farewell to Susan
• Festive Greeting
• Title sequences
• The Five(ish) Doctors
• Doctor Who at the Proms 2013

bbcbd0507_1 (1).jpg bbcbd0507_2.jpg bbcbd0507_3.jpg bbcbd0507_4.jpg

Zavvi
£25.99

So a couple of pounds cheaper than Amazon and Zoom.

However, for the sake of two quid, I would rather deal with Amazon in the event of any issues, so ordered from Amazon.

So a couple of pounds cheaper than Amazon and Zoom.

However, for the sake of two quid, I would rather deal with Amazon in the event of any issues, so ordered from Amazon.
Lol same. Would happily pay 5 quid extra to support retailers who have above 50% success rate of sending their items out. I would recommend Zoom to people, never had any issues with them.

Also, Zoom has the SIGNUP10 code...
Only valid on your first order, though - used that ages ago! For a while, it seemed to work on all orders until they managed to close that loop. And, yes, I have used it with other email addresses, but did wonder how long that would last - gets difficult to keep track of!

Lol same. Would happily pay 5 quid extra to support retailers who have above 50% success rate of sending their items out. I would recommend Zoom to people, never had any issues with them.
Yes, I've quite liked Zoom, and they do seem to dispatch early whereas Amazon will send items so that you receive them on release date (even with Amazon Prime), although I have had items arrive on the Sunday prior to release date.

Generally, though, I have found Amazon the best for dealing with any queries and resolving any issues. The occasional time I've had issues with something from Zoom, it's not been quite as easy to sort out. So I would rank them below Amazon but (way) above Zavvi...

Wonderful news. My speculation now is whether or not we’ll be getting “Twice upon a Time” released individually as a steel since it isn’t included in the Series 10 Steelbook or (to my knowledge) the series 11 Steelbook.

This was last released as a limited edition boxset.

The most annoying thing is though:
If you saw this in 3D at the cinema, there was some cool extras like Matt and David showing off 3D with your glasses on and a sontaran bit.

On the vanilla 3D release, you got 3D but not the extras. On the boxset version, you got the extra bits but not in 3D.

This looks to be a re-release of the non 3D discs. You'd have thought they might have released it with 3D too.

OOS already? (At zavvi and Amazon UK)
Still showing as available from Amazon UK for me (and Zoom). Just Zavvi that's sold out of their allocation (maybe being £2 cheaper might have helped. Also, previous experience is that they don't get too many allocated to them).

So its still in stock on Amazon, but will only show as in stock if you have a UK address.
It shows out of stock when I'm shipping to my Irish address, but up for preorder when I use my re-shipper address..

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95
So its still in stock on Amazon, but will only show as in stock if you have a UK address.
It shows out of stock when I'm shipping to my Irish address, but up for preorder when I use my re-shipper address..
You will see this happen with Amazon UK on lot more releases between now and January 1st 2021 and after that date.

Be ideal if Amazon setup a Amazon Ireland website and use the new amazon warehouse in Dublin and rented more warehouse locations to ship orders direct from Ireland and could also supply other delivery address based in EU countries

I must have pre-ordered the last copy on Zavvi left. I read the email yesterday late afternoon. Immediately pre-ordered it and literally two minutes later reopened the page up in a new tab to check to see if it had a release date and it came up as out of stock.