Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 18, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99

81FXyJf9sNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81rXVshX-cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71wz4ycIO-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Doctor Who: 60th Anniversary Specials Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook

Includes all 3 of the 60th Anniversary Specials, as well as additional extra content.

The Star Beast
Wild Blue Yonder
The Giggle

Starring David Tennant as the Fourteenth Doctor and companion Catherine Tate returning as fan-favourite Donna Noble. Guest stars include Neil Patrick-Harris, Yasmin Finney, Aneurin Barnard, Jemma Redgrave and many more.

Additional content
  • Exclusive to the 60th Anniversary specials release:
  • Rachel Talalay's Scene Breakdown
  • Chanya Button's Scene Breakdown
  • Tom Kingsley's Scene Breakdown
Special Features:
  • The Star Beast Behind The Scenes
  • The Fourteenth Doctor Reveal
  • Wild Blue Yonder Behind The Scenes
  • The Giggle Behind The Scenes
  • The Giggle In-vision Commentary
  • The Star Beast In-vision Commentary
  • David and Catherine's Flashbacks
  • Yasmin Finney Introduces Rose Noble
  • Designing the Fourteenth Doctor
  • Set Tour with Yasmin Finney
  • The Star Beast - Behind The Scenes Trailer
  • Wild Blue Yonder - Behind The Scenes Trailer
  • The Giggle - Behind The Scenes Trailer
  • The Cast Introduce the Villains in ‘Wild Blue Yonder'
  • Behind The Scenes Fun with David and Catherine
  • Video Diary with David Tennant's Stand-in
  • TARDIS Set Tour with David Tennant and Phil Sims
  • Ruth Madeley Introduces Shirley Bingham
  • Neil Patrick Harris Introduces the Toymaker
  • Becoming the Toymaker
  • 60th Specials Recap with David Tennant

I wish there was a 4k option!
Unfortunately, the only Doctor Who TV title that's been released on 4K physical media to date has been the 2017 Christmas Special, Twice Upon A Time. That's despite more recent specials being made available in 4K HDR on the iPlayer, as these will be as well.

Reactions: spookz
Ordered from HMV. Their packaging is better and they seem to send them out sooner, too.
Yeah, given my recent issues with Amazon I'm more inclined to start using HMV where possible now. It's only five minutes up the road from me for click and collect too.

Unfortunately, the only Doctor Who TV title that's been released on 4K physical media to date has been the 2017 Christmas Special, Twice Upon A Time. That's despite more recent specials being made available in 4K HDR on the iPlayer, as these will be as well.
I think that special was an upscale...

I can get confused with the British way of releasing their series, like having some kind of special episodes, that are released separately from that year's season set.
So this is a case of all new material not available in any previously released season sets, and not likely to be in the next season release?
Because there were instances of separate specials BDs that were later in a complete season edition...
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I can get confused with the British way of releasing their series, like having some kind of special episodes, that are released separately from that year's season set.
So this is a case of all new material not available in any previously released season sets, and not likely to be in the next season release?
Because there were instances of separate specials BDs that were later in a complete season edition...
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
We don’t have regular tv seasons like the US which is why all our shows have series 1,2,3 etc rather than season 1,2,3

Reactions: Lenny Nero
We don’t have regular tv seasons like the US which is why all our shows have series 1,2,3 etc rather than season 1,2,3
I just remembered that the three previous specials, with the Thirteenth Doctor, were re-released together in a steelbook.
I guess this being a steelbook and having three episodes already, there won't be anything else and I should get it, while it's available.

That’s beyond hideous. What’s that on the back? A cat Yoda?

And being released on December 18th, it going to travel to the US on the worst possible time of the year for packages to be on the mail system. Let’s see if it gets here in one piece.

On the other side, being so ugly, it may not be a big loss if it doesn’t.