Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 18, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99

81FXyJf9sNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81rXVshX-cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71wz4ycIO-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
That’s beyond hideous. What’s that on the back? A cat Yoda?

And being released on December 18th, it going to travel to the US on the worst possible time of the year for packages to be on the mail system. Let’s see if it gets here in one piece.

On the other side, being so ugly, it may not be a big loss if it doesn’t.
That "cat" was around before Yoda. "Doctor Who and the Star Beast (Doctor Who Weekly #19, February 1980)" as always no one forces anyone to buy things. You are in control.

i actually follow your advice. I watched the first episode on Disney+.
The “cat yoda”, actually the star beast was the villain
and it was so pathetic that I canceled the steelbook. No complete set is worth that lousy show. Doctor Who is off my list.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: walkintom
Might preorder

Thought the first episode was pretty decent, although there was some dialogue choices which made me think “Really RTD?”…but it was nice to have Tenant and Tate back

I preordered the steelbook ("Tenant is back—how bad could these episodes be?"). I watched the first special. I canceled the preorder. I haven't watched DW since the first couple Capaldi episodes, when I was kind of tired of the formula. It seems like it hasn't improved in the years since.

Reactions: spookz
Completely agree. Some of the dialog made me cringe. I wanted things to go back to the times when the only agenda on this show was to entertain Doctor Who fans with sci-fi that was light hearted. David Tennant is back but he’s not the 10th doctor. That’s gone and so is my order.

Completely agree. Some of the dialog made me cringe. I wanted things to go back to the times when the only agenda on this show was to entertain Doctor Who fans with sci-fi that was light hearted. David Tennant is back but he’s not the 10th doctor. That’s gone and so is my order.
Agreed, I actually thought they was gonna put things back on track(not that I'm a Doctor Who fan but I did like David Tennant's Doctor)
And bringing him back & RTD did give me hopes of turning things around.
But like all heroes of the past they bring back, it's just to destroy them and double down of their crap.
Shame really, it was a easy win and they couldn't help themselves.

Reactions: Bunk
Sold Out with HMV so your view appears to be in the minority. Oh well

Amazon UK is not sold out

Amazon UK have a glitch on their system with this release and some other in stock and pre order releases that will show as not available if you have a UK delivery address

Republic of Ireland delivery address will list as in stock available to order

I ordered on Monday night with dispatch of my order Tuesday morning and still shows as in stock with Republic of Ireland delivery address

I thought the 2nd and 3rd specials were head and shoulders above the 1st... some of you may have acted prematurely in cancelling.

In fact I'd go as far to say if you don't like the 2nd special... you don't like Doctor Who. It's fantastic acting & writing. A classic imo.

Steelbook is nice in hand too.

Ah, yes, of course. I was forgetting that the very first dalek serial in 1963/4 had nothing to do with the fall-out of a nuclear war. The Aztecs had nothing to say about the practice of human sacrifice. The War Machines and rogue computers. Fury from the Deep and The Green Death (amongst others) regarding pollution and ecology issues. Genesis of the Daleks and Nazism. And, of course, never, ever, anything political (like The Sun Makers), or being afraid of anything that is 'different' or 'alien' and therefore must be a threat (The Silurians, The Sea Devils and far too many others to mention). My memory must be playing tricks in my old age!! :D

Reactions: Kavale and RyanD