Dec 10, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
drwhodaleksltd.png

Release date: May 27, 2013

Purchase link:
Amazon
Zavvi
Sainsburys

Included films; "Dr. Who and the Daleks" (1965) & "Daleks - Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D." (1966)

Both titles are available separately, though I personally want the 'limited edition'. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be a nice set if it were a DigiPak, but I fear it'll just be two Amaray disc cases inside a cardboard slipcover. Does anyone have any confirmation of this?

I'm reluctant to purchase from Zavvi, as they have a habit of sending things like this out in Jiffy bags, which are not really suitable for items that are made of cardboard and easily dented. They also have a habit of sending items unsealed, as I found out with some other CE's I purchased recently

Anyone know why Amazon don't have it for pre-order? I'm going to ring HMV tomorrow and see if they'll be stocking it, rather not get it from zavvi if possible!

EDIT: My HMV won't be getting it, so zavvi it is then.

Last edited:
Anyone know why Amazon don't have it for pre-order? I'm going to ring HMV tomorrow and see if they'll be stocking it, rather not get it from zavvi if possible!

EDIT: My HMV won't be getting it, so zavvi it is then.

I'm not sure why the other places aren't getting it. Even Sainsburys say its unavailable now. It looks almost like a Zavvi exclusive at the moment.

Reactions: vurt
Oh... Just an Amaray inside a slipcover. Think I'll give this one a miss in that case. If it were a DigiPak or SteelBook, I would have bought it, but it's nothing special

As for the films - These are perhaps my earliest memories of Doctor Who from when I was a child (likely reruns in the 80's), and for a long time I thought that everything seen in the films was canon!

Having watched both of these a few months ago (I think they were shown back in January), I can safely say that the acting is really terrible! The sound of the little girl shrieking "Grandfather!" really sticks in your mind!

Finally!! :ordered:

Went to order it from zavvi last night but it had gone, thought I'd missed the boat on this one!
Thanks for the heads up :scat::D

I'm not sure why the other places aren't getting it. Even Sainsburys say its unavailable now. It looks almost like a Zavvi exclusive at the moment.

Back "In stock" at Sainsbury's Entertainment (£14.99), although I'm still waiting for mine to arrive as well (was despatched last Thursday, according to them!).

Actually it's become damn near impossible to get hold of anywhere! Sold out at Zavvi, going for £45 on Amazon, and not available any more at Sainsburys...

Anyone know why this thing is now like gold dust?

I'm not sure why it is so hard to get hold off, I know it took a while for Amazon to even get any stock. Perhaps they are very limited or it's just a problem with retailers getting hold of the stock. Time will tell if it does become available again!