Doctor Who: Series 11 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 21, 2012
GER
Release date: January 14, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £48.99

81iLQNGG2LL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
£64.99?! they can f**k right off. did the same with series 10 and the cheapest it every reached was around £50. tax dodging scum.

• Thanks
Reactions: kitsune
Jeez this is early and they are asking for that price...they don't even know if it will be any good.

Second time in the new run I'm not getting a good vibe from this regeneration so I'll be skipping this series...(in before the "you're sexist" comments)

Jeez this is early and they are asking for that price...they don't even know if it will be any good.

Second time in the new run I'm not getting a good vibe from this regeneration so I'll be skipping this series...(in before the "you're sexist" comments)
I had been losing interest in the series over the last few years and eventually gave up after Clara left. I get the feeling that the BBC are pinning everything on this new series being a success, like branding everything with the new logo, this steelbook etc. The way I see it, this will go one of two ways; be the hit that they expect, or be such a disappointment that the show will be cancelled. I can honestly see it being the latter, as the new showrunner really isn't showrunner material and his writing (of Dr who episodes) is ok at best. Plus the idea of radically changing the format and style of the show...I think he will realise that people like doctor who because of its unique format.

Edit: I forgot to add the now mandatory disclaimer that my comments are about the overall format, not gender related.

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
I had been losing interest in the series over the last few years and eventually gave up after Clara left. I get the feeling that the BBC are pinning everything on this new series being a success, like branding everything with the new logo, this steelbook etc. The way I see it, this will go one of two ways; be the hit that they expect, or be such a disappointment that the show will be cancelled. I can honestly see it being the latter, as the new showrunner really isn't showrunner material and his writing (of Dr who episodes) is ok at best. Plus the idea of radically changing the format and style of the show...I think he will realise that people like doctor who because of its unique format.

Feel the same way. It's telling that up until now they used the phase "Riding the shark" to describe a show that has seriously lost it's way. I'm now seeing a new one being used.
"Killing the moon" Ough........ Slightly off topic, the good news is the reviews are in for the Tom Baker blu-ray set. Each story has got it's own disc and the picture and sound is a step up from the DVD.
Back on topic but yes that's a lot of money for any steelbook and it would need to be Game of Thrones or something seriously popular to make people bite. Unless it's The ultimate Terminator 4k edition steelbook personally signed by Arnie I don't see people forking out that sort of dosh...
Also remember some of those season steelbooks were so limited a lot of folks didn't get any steelbooks so I suspect only people who have been able to get all the steelbook range to date will bite.

Last edited:
Amazon are really champing at the bit with this one. The steelbook pre-order doesn't usually go live until a couple of months after the standard Blu-ray has been released and that's usually a couple of months after the series has finished airing.

Ordered this first thing this morning in the hopes it would drop in price (would not have paid the £65) and my order is now showing at £44.99, couldn't have been long before the £48.99 price drop. As I have the steel for 9 I don't want to risk missing out on any others.

Not gonna bother with this one, I found the last couple of series to be kinda lackluster. I have been enjoy Classic Doctor Who thanks to Twitch.Tvs marathon and would love to see complete series of that in steelbook form (rather than just individual serials)

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Very very few people got that steelbook, you were one of the lucky people
I must be one of the lucky ones too, then!

Have pre-ordered this for now. Definitely more attractive at £48.99 than £64.99! Can always change my mind nearer the time once the series airs later this year.

Also preordered, have all the season steelbooks to date so wasn’t gonna miss out in this one.
While it’s not quite at the level it once was, I liked season 10 & absolutely adored season 9, the best season since David Tennant in my opinion.

Not gonna bother with this one, I found the last couple of series to be kinda lackluster. I have been enjoy Classic Doctor Who thanks to Twitch.Tvs marathon and would love to see complete series of that in steelbook form (rather than just individual serials)

Well the 1st Tom Baker season is now out on blu-ray as of this week in the USA at least and getting very good reviews. I'll give it a month and we'll get a Zavvi steelbook exclusive once it's available in the UK

Reactions: Tacozilla
ok, i'll bite. :) pre-ordered. :greedy: in the hope of a drop of really some distance by the time it comes out. :dunno:

yes, it's massively over priced, but i didn't get series 9, and have the other steels, hence pre-ordering - not having that happen again. :blackeye: somewhat jealous :hurting: of @RavenGunner @Doctor! i got a hilarious email from amazon a few weeks back saying that the Series 9 steel was back in stock. and it is! from one seller. at £399.99. :sick:

personally, i'm looking forward to this series. Jodie Whitaker is a good actor with an impressive range. Capaldi has been for me one of my favourite Doctors and i've loved his work as the TimeLord. didn't think i would (i've always liked him, but wasn't sure he was right for this), but he really grew into the role.

• Thanks
Reactions: RavenGunner
ok, i'll bite. :) pre-ordered. :greedy: in the hope of a drop of really some distance by the time it comes out. :dunno:

yes, it's massively over priced, but i didn't get series 9, and have the other steels, hence pre-ordering - not having that happen again. :blackeye: somewhat jealous :hurting: of @RavenGunner @Doctor! i got a hilarious email from amazon a few weeks back saying that the Series 9 steel was back in stock. and it is! from one seller. at £399.99. :sick:

personally, i'm looking forward to this series. Jodie Whitaker is a good actor with an impressive range. Capaldi has been for me one of my favourite Doctors and i've loved his work as the TimeLord. didn't think i would (i've always liked him, but wasn't sure he was right for this), but he really grew into the role.

Somehow, I doubt the price will drop much further, unfortunately. S9 started at £40 and doubt it'll even do to that. Don't think S10 has even got near that low a price

Didn't realise how lucky I was to get a copy of S9 since coming on here. I saw that listing on Amazon, don't forget the £1.20 delivery :thumbs:

I am looking forward to Jodie's take, as you said, she's a good actress but this is quite different from things she's done previously so it'll definitely be interesting

I actually like the art on the mock up but for continuity I hope it's changed to match with the current steels

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart