Release date: May 4, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £49.99
Notes: Includes 4 Artcards

71JOUPfGgDL._SL1500_.jpg

81sLypvyOIL._SL1500_.jpg 91EbU3dVYdL._SL1500_.jpg 81Dzc9UsogL._SL1500_.jpg
41mfPnRy8GL._AC_SY200_ML1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look too bad but will look quite out of place with the rest of the collection, not that they have much continuity anyway
Still, after watching S11 and from what I've heard of S12, I can't bring myself round to picking this up for £50. Will be the first DW steel i'll be waiting for a price drop on

DWS12 1.jpgDWS12 2.jpgDWS12 3.jpgDWS12 4.jpg

Doesn't look too bad but will look quite out of place with the rest of the collection, not that they have much continuity anyway
Still, after watching S11 and from what I've heard of S12, I can't bring myself round to picking this up for £50. Will be the first DW steel i'll be waiting for a price drop on

View attachment 463182View attachment 463183View attachment 463184View attachment 463185
Why did they make the Series 11 one so different if they were just going to bring the 12th series Steelbook back to the similar style that they’ve had for series 1-5?

And I, like you, don’t think I’ll be getting this.
Series 11 was a rough patch, but I was willing to blame that on growing pains with it being a new series show runner. Although from what I hear, Series 12 is even worse. :(

I personally feel that series 12 is a step up from series 11. There's an over arching story, there's growth for both companions, villains and the doctor herself. There's still issues (orphan 55 being my main one) and I'm not gonna lie about it but for the most part I've really enjoyed series 12 and look forward to getting my copy. The artwork is amazing compared to series 11 and fits the collection beautifully.

Why did they make the Series 11 one so different if they were just going to bring the 12th series Steelbook back to the similar style that they’ve had for series 1-5?

And I, like you, don’t think I’ll be getting this.
Series 11 was a rough patch, but I was willing to blame that on growing pains with it being a new series show runner. Although from what I hear, Series 12 is even worse. :(
I actually really liked the design for the S11 steel so was looking forward to something else along those lines. But as you've said, they appear to have reverted back to the designs of the earlier series. Wouldn't mind it so much if they kept designs consistent per regeneration but the styles are changing too much if this is how they're going to continue

My friend is a huge DW fan and he says that it's an improvement over S11 but I wouldn't count on it being much better. I got really fed up with S11 shoving all the PC stuff in your face and at least once an episode there'll be some line to remind you that the Doctor is now a woman. Hope they've toned that down

I actually really liked the design for the S11 steel so was looking forward to something else along those lines. But as you've said, they appear to have reverted back to the designs of the earlier series. Wouldn't mind it so much if they kept designs consistent per regeneration but the styles are changing too much if this is how they're going to continue

My friend is a huge DW fan and he says that it's an improvement over S11 but I wouldn't count on it being much better. I got really fed up with S11 shoving all the PC stuff in your face and at least once an episode there'll be some line to remind you that the Doctor is now a woman. Hope they've toned that down

When someone says that they’re not a fan of “PC stuff” my response is always to reply with, “No, you’re just a fan of bad writing”. xD

I didn’t like the series 11 steel. It was too empty for me. I’ve liked these artists renditions of these series but you really can’t beat Alice X Zhang’s work for Series 9 and 10.

[QUOTE
Surprise surprise, yet another Doctor Who delay :p

Release is now 20th April
[/QUOTE]

They are all being delayed. The classic Tom Baker season 14 has been put back a month

Jesus

£50 so you can see Chris Chibnall ruin and retcon 50 years worth of lore by taking one small plot point in the old who people have tried to forget about and made it canon

ps2mn8xxw5k41.jpg

Jesus

£50 so you can see Chris Chibnall ruin and retcon 50 years worth of lore by taking one small plot point in the old who people have tried to forget about and made it canon

Apparently the hostility has been astonishing. The BBC has been swamped by fans complaining about that and other aspects of Dr Who. The BBC reply has been simply "We don't give a ****, we hold you to ransome with the licence fee and can do what we want"

I think this is the best overview of the situation I have seen. I nearly pissed myself laughing.......

Jesus

View attachment 464229
For once I'm on the BBC side

I mean Doctor Who has never been big on itself following its own continuity. But, like the laws of physics- oversights and sidesteps like this are brushed aside with “this shouldn’t be possible but here it is” type of explaination. And I’m okay with that. Listen- rules shouldn’t hinder the enjoyment you have for the show. If there’s a really good idea that contradicts some other pre-established notion- it’s a shame to let that idea go to waste.

I think the issue with these last 2 seasons of Jodi Whittaker’s Doctor isn’t the fact that it ignores continuity (again, it’s happened before), but more so the fact that the show just seems bereft of solid narrative writing. The more problematic contradictory elements happens when Whittaker contradicts what she says herself in the span of a few episodes. In series 11, it was once saying “Oh! I love me a good conspiracy!” And the following episode saying “Aarh. I HATE conspiracies!”.

One thing you can be sure off, the fans can scream all they want about that episode, the BBC are not going to change it and will back their Dr Who production team to the hilt. They will never admit they put incompetent people in charge of the show. Anyone here who works for a company knows no management will ever admit they made a mistake employing someone. They might move them on or sideways. But they will not admit they messed up. Their job would be on the line.

Regardless of what your opinions are on that episode you can still watch and enjoy whatever your Doctor who era is your era and enjoy it. The implications don't change what has already happened from the very first episode till now. The three doctors still happened, logopalis still happened, trial of a timelord still happened, the time war and after effects still happened. The battle of canary wharf still happened as did journeys end. River song still happened (sadly)

Regardless of what your opinions are on that episode you can still watch and enjoy whatever your Doctor who era is your era and enjoy it. The implications don't change what has already happened from the very first episode till now. The three doctors still happened, logopalis still happened, trial of a timelord still happened, the time war and after effects still happened. The battle of canary wharf still happened as did journeys end. River song still happened (sadly)

Well it does matter. What happened totally contradices the classic show. The shows no longer gel. NU-Who and Classic Who have become totally different shows that have nothing in common. Nu-Who when it started was still recognisable as the classic show. At some point (take your pick) Nu Who has become a completely different show which has alienated (no pun intended) a lot of fans. That's never a good idea. I'm no Einstein but i'd say the show is now dead both as a TV show and as a commercial property.

I'm not even gonna waste my breath. If you whatever era if who you like. Classic or new. No matter what happens in the current show shouldn't and for me doesn't take anything away from what I have loved previously. And anyone who says otherwise is just a big baby with a small mind. It's like someone saying "oh I hate rise of Skywalker, star wars is ruined". No it's done something you don't like and now you are throwing a tantrum over it. Everything you loved previously is still there to be researched, enjoyed and loved. In fact I'll go even further and argue doctor who more then most is something that applies to with the classic who boxsets, britbox. Many fans can relive all the classic era in full glory now. Now if anyone wants to argue otherwise then by all means go for it. From where I stand regardless of the finale and weather it's a good idea or a bad idea there's 57 years of a show still there to be enjoyed. Put the pitch forks down and go enjoy it. My whole point is are you really gonna let a couple of series you haven't enjoyed taint the whole batch?

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTENo matter what happens in the current show shouldn't and for me doesn't take anything away from what I have loved previously[/QUOTE]

As a mate of mine once said "If the show stops being entertaining, don't watch it". A good piece of advice which I have always followed. Stopped watching NU-Who a long time ago. But it is interesting to read all the reactions to current Who.....