Release date: May 4, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £49.99
Notes: Includes 4 Artcards

71JOUPfGgDL._SL1500_.jpg

81sLypvyOIL._SL1500_.jpg 91EbU3dVYdL._SL1500_.jpg 81Dzc9UsogL._SL1500_.jpg
41mfPnRy8GL._AC_SY200_ML1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even gonna waste my breath. If you whatever era if who you like. Classic or new. No matter what happens in the current show shouldn't and for me doesn't take anything away from what I have loved previously. And anyone who says otherwise is just a big baby with a small mind. It's like someone saying "oh I hate rise of Skywalker, star wars is ruined". No it's done something you don't like and now you are throwing a tantrum over it. Everything you loved previously is still there to be researched, enjoyed and loved. In fact I'll go even further and argue doctor who more then most is something that applies to with the classic who boxsets, britbox. Many fans can relive all the classic era in full glory now. Now if anyone wants to argue otherwise then by all means go for it. From where I stand regardless of the finale and weather it's a good idea or a bad idea there's 57 years of a show still there to be enjoyed. Put the pitch forks down and go enjoy it. My whole point is are you really gonna let a couple of series you haven't enjoyed taint the whole batch?

Insulting people by calling them babies and telling them they are throwing a tantrum...wow

Hey want a job at the BBC or LucasFilm?

Insulting people by calling them babies and telling them they are throwing a tantrum...wow

Hey want a job at the BBC or LucasFilm?
Well sadly that's the state of fandoms right now and it's getting real old for me. Don't like the new stuff? Hey I get it but throwing everything under the bus becuase you don't like it is a bit silly in my eyes. Like I say there's 57 years of history to be enjoyed of doctor who. Star wars? Well there's 6 previous films to be enjoyed that's still some brilliant cinema. Hey Maybe it's just me. Once I watch something (an episode or a film) and enjoy it that's always the case regardless of what happens either down the line. I can still rewatch doctor who and enjoy it cos I love the show. I can still watch star wars and enjoy it cos I love the films. Doesn't mean I'll rewatch the newer stuff but all stuff I loved previously is still there for me and it's all intact. You can still watch your favourite doctor who episodes and enjoy regardless of what's going on currently. Hate the current stuff if you want to but that shouldn't mean you can't enjoy and celebrate what you first fell in love with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Wheeeelp. I finally got around to watching Series 12 and it was roooooouuuugh. I’m not kidding when I say that about halfway through the series I had to stop the show and rewatch some of the older episodes of Doctor Who to remind myself that this show was in fact something I used to really enjoy.

I was pretty forgiving about some of the shortcomings of series 11 because of the new cast, and the growing pains of a new staff and show runner.

But after how poorly made and painfully uninspired series 12 ended up being- I struggle to find what redeeming qualities (if any) that ANYONE sees in this Series. Even the most enjoyable episode of the series, “Nikola Tesla’s Night of Terror”, only stands out in this series because it’s surrounded by such laughably bad episodes- and would have been a middling episode at best were it in any other season.

Jesus Christ that was disappointing.

• Wow
Reactions: jailbird_joey
I'm wondering if they have set the £50 tag as they know there are collectors out there especially completists who need it to complete their steelbook collection regardless of the merit of the show.

I'm wondering if they have set the £50 tag as they know there are collectors out there especially completists who need it to complete their steelbook collection regardless of the merit of the show.

They might’ve dropped that ball already by releasing the Series 11 Steelbook NOT in the same style as all the other Steelbooks they’re releasing.
Or by always changing the dumb spines. xD

They might’ve dropped that ball already by releasing the Series 11 Steelbook NOT in the same style as all the other Steelbooks they’re releasing.
Or by always changing the dumb spines. xD

Had they keep the logos consistent with the actual era of the show it wouldn't be a problem. The nu-Who logo on classic who looks just wrong. Likewise sticking late Nu-Who logo on early nu-Who looks wrong as well.

Reactions: FN-2187
Release date on Amazon updated to 4 May 2020.
Been advised today that I will receive delivery on 11 May 2020, although release date remains as 4 May 2020.

However, I had a similar email re: the Skywalker Saga boxset, saying I would receive that on Friday 24th March. But in fact received I it on Monday 20th March (release date).

So I think it's more a case I could receive this one any time between 4 May 2020 and 11 May 2020...

Been advised today that I will receive delivery on 11 May 2020, although release date remains as 4 May 2020.

However, I had a similar email re: the Skywalker Saga boxset, saying I would receive that on Friday 24th March. But in fact received I it on Monday 20th March (release date).

So I think it's more a case I could receive this one any time between 4 May 2020 and 11 May 2020...

I had the same one, stating the 12th of May. My Skywalker set was delayed a bit (from 20th to the 25th), so might see a similar delay here.

I had the same one, stating the 12th of May. My Skywalker set was delayed a bit (from 20th to the 25th), so might see a similar delay here.
How was your Skywalker set delivered? Mine came via Amazon Logistics, but they've also been using Hermes (which they agreed not to do with my Skywalker set as Hermes still have an Amazon parcel of mine from 3 April that they've yet to deliver!!!).

How was your Skywalker set delivered? Mine came via Amazon Logistics, but they've also been using Hermes (which they agreed not to do with my Skywalker set as Hermes still have an Amazon parcel of mine from 3 April that they've yet to deliver!!!).

Mine was An Post here in Ireland. It shipped on Friday morning & delivered to me Saturday morning. It arrived in a small tight box which was inside a larger box.

Mine arrived today. It's pretty nice. I didn't buy the S11 steelbook as it doesn't match the rest of my collection so I hope they do another version some day.

And, indeed, I received it today (release date). I think it's more a case of Amazon not over promising at the moment and being really conservative in their delivery estimates. That way, they maintain happy customers when they receive their items ahead of schedule rather than peeing them off by delivering late (which some retailers are doing).

I've had loads of emails from mates saying "Has your Tom Baker season 3 blu-ray been sent yet?". We are all in the same boat. Saying delivery tomorrow but no dispatch. Something seriously wrong somewhere. In the past 6 weeks I'd had 8 orders mostly within the UK from amazon that still haven't arrived and usually they take a few days. Something weird going on. I've made at least 20 complaints to amazon over the past week and no reply. And I'm talking items like that steelbook that are limited editions. Not stuff you can get any time

I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I just don’t get the hype about Dr Who. Old and new. And to boot I think the steel is terrible. Wouldn’t even bite if it was free!

I can hear a rapid approach of rumbling of ninjas in the distance ready to tear me a new one!

I’ll get my coat!

I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I just don’t get the hype about Dr Who. Old and new. And to boot I think the steel is terrible. Wouldn’t even bite if it was free!

I can hear a rapid approach of rumbling of ninjas in the distance ready to tear me a new one!

I’ll get my coat!
You would have a copy if someone paid you a fiver....wouldn't you? Join the club and complain, we who like Dr Who are.

It's OK to not like Dr Who, my personal opinion was that the old stuff (up to Davidson) was great, perhaps dipped and wained from that point on. I have a fond spot for McCoy though. Thirteen years ago I quit smoking for 2 months and bought a shed load on DVD back then, classics. That was great...

The Nu Who was good to great too, think Eccleston was underrated, but now it's a virtue signalling vanity project and I wish it would just end IMO.

I'm in no rush to add this to my collection, it's ridiculously priced and if it goes out of stock, I would think the BBC recalled them or Chibs bought them all. It's predecessor steel was different, no reason to revert back to conformity.

I’ll get my coat!

It's understandable it's an acquired taste. I grew up with the classic show and pretty much give up after Tom Baker but then over that 18 year period there are a few stories I wouldn't want to watch again. Likewise with NU-who I can't really get past the 1st 5 seasons. The Show is pretty much dead now so I think for the long haul it's the classic show that will remain popular. As georattay posted there the show has been a virtue signalling vanity project for a while now and that's not going to stop. I believe most shows have a life span and you should know when to stop. Sadly Dr Who has outlived its welcome by a few years. It really is the sort of show that needs to rest for a few years and then come back fresh...........