Doctor Who: Series 3 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 7th , 2018
Purchase link: HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom UK
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Hmv) - £25.99 (Zavvi - Zoom)

71UMr43giIL._SL1500_.jpg

11697911-8354557949686360.jpg

11697911-6414557949571964.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also listed on Amazon, but at an eye-watering £33.99. Bound to come down to match the HMV price, though.

However, have ordered from Zoom for now as best deal so far with the 10% code...

Very nice, though I am also perplexed about The End of Time's Master.
At least Tennant looks like himself as opposed to S2's (which was based on an early photosession)

Last edited:
Ordered, but whoever signed off on that without doing the most basic of checking needs their butt kicked.

A shockingly amateurish error.

Ordered, but whoever signed off on that without doing the most basic of checking needs their butt kicked.

Like the original video release of "Revenge of the Cybermen" back in 1983 (released on VHS, Betamax and Video 2000, would you believe!).

The cover of that showed a Cyberman from "Earthshock" (a Season 19 story with Peter Davison as the Doctor) and a Season 18 photo of Tom Baker ("Revenge" was from Season 12, Tom's first season as the Doctor)!

Your message demonstrates why there will be no kicking of butts over this: "It's bad / and I'm buying it." ;)

Like the original video release of "Revenge of the Cybermen" back in 1983 (released on VHS, Betamax and Video 2000, would you believe!).

The cover of that showed a Cyberman from "Earthshock" (a Season 19 story with Peter Davison as the Doctor) and a Season 18 photo of Tom Baker ("Revenge" was from Season 12, Tom's first season as the Doctor)!

WOW! I even had a copy of that edition. The ole large plastic and cardboard backed cases. Good days pal! :)

I’m really excited to see a continuation of this series. Interesting that they’ve changed artist from Lee Binding to Claudia Caranfa. I loved the season one and two steelbooks by Binding, and the season nine and ten steels with art by Alice X Zhang are nice too. Maybe the idea is to commission each artist for two seasons? Anyway, this is shaping up to be a really nice set and I hope they complete it. The fact they’ve announced season three is encouraging, as it means the first two seasons must have pulled in decent enough sales to justify more. I have a feeling that once these sell out, the earlier steelbooks will be hard to source on the secondary market. The series 9 steel (which is the only one that’s currently sold out) is well over £200 on eBay, ouch!!! Hopefully this won’t be the trend, but it’s possible anyone who jumps on board this ship later on might struggle to get copies of the earlier seasons once they’ve sold out (similar situation with The Walking Dead steelbook series). I could be wrong, but with the unique and stunning artworks these are getting, I think there will be an appetite for a complete set, and the re-sellers will be rubbing their hands together. I do think series 9 should get a new steelbook as many are likely to be put off by the prospect of having a gap in their collection which is currently very expensive to fill.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
From Doctor Who FB:

Wow. Just wow.

Glad they've decided to correct it, even if it means a delay.
Good to see a publisher listening to customer feedback and making amendments to proposed artwork BEFORE actually releasing it (even if it does mean delaying it to implement the correction). Rather than just going ahead regardless, and only considering any changes for FUTURE releases - such as, say, titles on spines instead of floating heads etc... (are your ears burning, Disney and Zavvi??) .

Your message demonstrates why there will be no kicking of butts over this: "It's bad / and I'm buying it." ;)
Except that it now appears that there will be:

Hi all, thanks for your feedback and pointing out your issues with the artwork. We will correct the artwork for the final release, which unfortunately means we will have to delay the release date. We'll let you know once the new date is confirmed! Thanks for being on point always.

Except that it now appears that there will be:

Hi all, thanks for your feedback and pointing out your issues with the artwork. We will correct the artwork for the final release, which unfortunately means we will have to delay the release date. We'll let you know once the new date is confirmed! Thanks for being on point always.
Ha, yes--very surprising! :)

When is Series 4 likely to get a steelbook release?

Also is it likely that steelbook will include the 2009 specials or will they have their own steelbook?

When is Series 4 likely to get a steelbook release?

Also is it likely that steelbook will include the 2009 specials or will they have their own steelbook?
You'd be better off directing that question to BBC Worldwide!

Maybe via the Doctor Who Facebook page - that is where they acknowledged all the feedback on the artwork for the Series 3 Steelbook and have taken the decision to correct it before release.