Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £27.99

bbcbd0517_1.jpg

bbcbd0517_2.jpg
bbcbd0517_3.jpg
91r-Tmpf3pL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GeoRattray
True, but they've been going from S1 with the current Steelbook sets and it'd seem strange to me to go up to 8 and then stop.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 9, 10, 1, 2 and 3 released with the new logo once they've caught up.
BBC have already released on Blu-ray Steelbook
Series 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12
These got release at different times not in order of series

8 will happen at some stage but 9 has already been done

BBC UK have never done a reissue of any of their previous Blu-ray steelbooks of TV series they produced so it will be very unikely they will do another series 9 steelbook

BBC have already released on Blu-ray Steelbook
Series 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12
These got release at different times not in order of series

8 will happen at some stage but 9 has already been done

BBC UK have never done a reissue of any of their previous Blu-ray steelbooks of TV series they produced so it will be very unikely they will do another series 9 steelbook

I'd expect them to do a new one with new art or a new spine - They did a re-release of the first Doctor Who collection boxset as it had a much lower production run then all the others after all and S9 had a famously limited run.

I'd expect them to do a new one with new art or a new spine - They did a re-release of the first Doctor Who collection boxset as it had a much lower production run then all the others after all and S9 had a famously limited run.
I don't think you have understood
BBC UK have never done a reissue of previous Blu-ray steelbooks they already had done and that inclues all of their TV series productions not just Doctor Who
Previous DVD steelbooks you don't count as they are not Blu-ray releases

Doctor Who Series 1 UK Blu-ray steelbook was released in 2017 it did not get another steelbook release
91uPeWuvjTL._AC_SY445_.jpg
All stock sold of that steelbook was from 1 print run only

BBC have already done Doctor Who Blu-ray steelbooks for series 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12
Series 9 has already had a steelbook
Series 8 has not yet had a steelbook but likely will at some stage
Series 13 will likely also get a steelbook release at some stage in 2022 if series 13 does get completed by August 2021
Production only started in November 2020 and planned over next 10 months but due to Covid-19 there likely will be delays in production of series 13

BBC do re-releases of DVD and Blu-ray Amaray box sets and will be more at some stage
Series 9 will likely get another Blu-ray and DVD amaray or digipack reissues at some stage but very unlikely will get another Blu-ray steelbook release as they have already done a steelbook
So far to date BBC UK have not done a Blu-ray steelbook re-release where they have already done a previous steelbook of one of their TV series productions

Your only hope of steelbook re-releases would be if BBC started to do 4K UHD releases of all of the Doctor Who Series (2005 to date) but I don't see that happening anytime soon
The only 4K amaray release of Doctor Who was Doctor Who: Twice Upon a Time Christmas Special and that was back in 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: FN-2187
BBC UK have never done a reissue of previous Blu-ray steelbooks they already had done and that inclues all of their TV series productions not just Doctor Who

Doctor Who Series 1 UK Blu-ray steelbook was released in 2017 it did not get another steelbook release
View attachment 491450
All stock sold of that steelbook was from 1 print run only

BBC have already done Doctor Who Blu-ray steelbooks for series 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12
Series 9 has already had a steelbook
Series 8 has not yet had a steelbook but likely will at some stage
Series 13 will likely also get a steelbook release at some stage in 2022 if series 13 does get completed by August 2021
Production only started in November 2020 and planned over next 10 months but due to Covid-19 there likely will be delays in production of series 13

BBC do re-releases of DVD and Blu-ray Amaray box sets and will be more at some stage
Series 9 will likely get another Blu-ray and DVD amaray or digipack reissues at some stage but very unlikely will get another Blu-ray steelbook release as they have already done a steelbook
So far to date BBC UK have not done a Blu-ray steelbook re-release where they have already done a previous steelbook of one of their TV series productions

Your only hope of steelbook re-releases would be if BBC started to do 4K UHD releases of all of the Doctor Who Series (2005 to date) but I don't see that happening anytime soon
The only 4K amaray release of Doctor Who was Doctor Who: Twice Upon a Time Christmas Special and that was back in 2018
Doing 4k releases of classic material is actually superior to doing them on blu-ray as you would pretty much get a master copy of the original source material. Blu-ray is simply a higher resolution DVD but 4k is a whole different ball game.

Just arrived from Amazon. Now only the 50th Anniversary Specials and Series 8 to go to complete the Nu Who collection in Steelbook.

Has anyone got their Zavvi orders yet?.

Mine still shows as 'processing'.
I wasn't going to risk it with Zavvi given all the recent problems with them (especially over the Star Wars steelbooks), so I ordered from Amazon (I did consider Zoom as well, as I've had good service from them in the past).

series 5 got a blu ray steelbook in 2010

71qNUxGaV4L._AC_SL1224_.jpg

it's a jumbo with horrific artwork but it is a steelbook none the less.

An exception to the rule as this was issued for both DVD and BR. The current line are BR exclusively and the BBC don’t do re-releases for first edition sets. Heck, it’s often hard enough just to get standard amaray BRs from them

There were also steelbook releases in Australia and the U.S. For the Dalek and Cybermen Collections and Series Four

Reactions: MrSquifler
Well, I grew fed up with Zavvi after I sent a message requesting where it was and all they could say was to suggest signing up for their Red thingie to make sure I would get future orders.
So I ordered on Amazon Prime on Friday and recontacted Zavvi telling them to cancel the dead order as I'd now ordered on AP.
Monday I got a message from them saying they couldn't cancel as they'd now found a copy and dispatched it.
So I've requested a returns form.

So I've gone from looking like I wasn't getting a copy to now having two!

There were also steelbook releases in Australia and the U.S. For the Dalek and Cybermen Collections and Series Four

They are DVD G1 steelbook releases so don't count as I previously mentioned and are also not BBC UK releases

We are talking about BBC UK don't do a reissue of a previous G2 Blu-ray steelbook
One a limited edition release sells out BBC UK don't do another print run of same steelbook

It's unbelievable how hard it is to find those Doctor Who steelbooks for reasonable prices. There was a restock on HMV for series 7 today, I immediately begged in a group buy for help (as it's UK delivery only, argh) but it was sold out within hours. And now some copies popped up on ebay for double the price, hate those scalpers!