Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 7, 2016
Purchase link: Doctor Who: Series 9
Price: £39.99

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
i have all the steels except this one. i love this painterly style they did for 9 and 10. i have 'had' it three times (all eBay) - 2 sellers withdrew the sale after i won at a reasonable price, and the third sent me a steel proported to be 'Like New' but which genuinely looked like it has been used as a chopping board. for quite some time. this is one of the releases in my 'be patient, but you may well never get it' list. :watch:

but! as fate would have it, a nice person on eBay is now selling at a price we can all get behind...
View attachment 481642
...as being completely and utterly ridiculous. :wow: :LOL:
You could save yourself £150 and get it from a marketplace seller on Amazon:

I didn't pick up Shada (not really interested) and I got the second version of season 12, but I've got the rest.

As much as I prefer season specific logos, it's a shame series 1, 2 and 3 use the classic logo and 9 and 10 use the Capaldi one seeing as 4, the specials, 5 and presumably 6, 7 and 8 (and obviously 11 and 12) use the new logo. BBC knew they were going to use the Whitaker branding before series 1 got a steelbook so they should have started then.

Personally I would have used the era specific logos on the steelbook spine but the Whitaker logo on the J-cards.

I have all of those too! But only one copy of Tom Baker Season 12...

I've got the original release and the re-release

I didn't pick up Shada (not really interested) and I got the second version of season 12, but I've got the rest.

As much as I prefer season specific logos, it's a shame series 1, 2 and 3 use the classic logo and 9 and 10 use the Capaldi one seeing as 4, the specials, 5 and presumably 6, 7 and 8 (and obviously 11 and 12) use the new logo. BBC knew they were going to use the Whitaker branding before series 1 got a steelbook so they should have started then.

Personally I would have used the era specific logos on the steelbook spine but the Whitaker logo on the J-cards.

Would have preferred them to have the era specific logos across all aspects of each individual release - would have been more fitting. Shame they've chopped and changed across the releases and collections

Reactions: FN-2187
I've got the original release and the re-release
Which are the same apart from the corrected discs?
Would have preferred them to have the era specific logos across all aspects of each individual release - would have been more fitting. Shame they've chopped and changed across the releases and collections
Agreed. Or, at the very least, stuck with whichever one they started with, as they did with the DVD releases from The Robots of Death onwards (the original release of The Five Doctors had a slightly different layout before it was standardised for all subsequent releases.
1597482245874.png
1597482300723.png

Reactions: GeoRattray
Which are the same apart from the corrected discs?

I believe so yes (and obviously the release date on the back :) )

Agreed. Or, at the very least, stuck with whichever one they started with, as they did with the DVD releases from The Robots of Death onwards (the original release of The Five Doctors had a slightly different layout before it was standardised for all subsequent releases.
View attachment 481953View attachment 481954

Yeah - they would look a lot better and consistent. I've got pretty much all the standard releases as well (just missing a few of the more recent ones)

sorry to bump an old thread, but had to post this: someone selling the j-card only for £150. :wow: this release has now definitely jumped the shark. :rolleyes:

sorry to bump an old thread, but had to post this: someone selling the j-card only for £150. :wow: this release has now definitely jumped the shark. :rolleyes:

This is absolutely insane…

… where’s my J-Card. xD

• Haha
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart

People like that can go get fcked.

Yeah... I kinda wish I got them all, but I only bought steelbooks of 9th and 10th Doctors' series, as 11th and 12th got in Boxsets.

Either way previous history teaches us now is probably the time to sell, as 'they' will likely re-release them all in a steelbox or something, cutting the exaggerated price by 10.