paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 4th , 2017
Purchase Links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Hmv) - £29.99 (Zavvi ) - £27.99 (Zoom)
Notes: Steelbook includes Exclusive Bonus Disc

81S2atwNmxL._SY445_.jpg

815irrTaEcL._SL1500_.jpg 81BNKHPzcQL._SX342_.jpg 81dkxFz76bL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Checked out my old VHS tape from decades ago to remind myself what's there. Pretty much nothing after episode 3. So the animation idea would certainly benefit this release. Still never got over this being passed over for completion to allow studio sessions for Blankety Blank. The shame........

The great thing is, when it's on general release across multiple retailers you don't need to play catching knives for a price drop.

If one sells out, you know to keep an eye out for another selling out, at that point you need to step in and buy. I'm happy to sit it out and play the long game on this one, if it's truly limited that will be clear enough sooner rather than later.

The great thing is, when it's on general release across multiple retailers you don't need to play catching knives for a price drop.

If one sells out, you know to keep an eye out for another selling out, at that point you need to step in and buy. I'm happy to sit it out and play the long game on this one, if it's truly limited that will be clear enough sooner rather than later.
With Amazon price guarantee you don't have to hover over the price changes.

Steelbook Exclusive Bonus Disc:
Shada 1992 VHS Version
This includes the edition of Shada released on the VHS format in 1992. It features the original footage combined with Tom Baker narrating the missing scenes.

Shada 2003 Webcast
To celebrate Doctor Who's 40th Anniversary, the BBC produced a new animated version of the Douglas Adams story, which was made available on the Doctor Who website. It was rewritten to feature Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, and also stars Lalla Ward as Romana and John Leeson as K-9.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm. Sure I read somewhere that Tom has shot some special footage as The Doctor for this, hence this picture.

Yes that's correct
Tom Baker earlier this year was brought back to do a live-action scene filmed as part of a project to complete unfinished 1979 Shada
As a special bonus, Tom Baker actually returns to the Tardis in the final scene, emerging from under his Tardis console.

His old striped scarf made a reappearance too :LOL:

REALLY surprised that disc 3 is a bluray. I assumed they would have stuck the old DVD in there, so it's a pleasant surprise to see 3 blurays included.