USA
Release date: April 25th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

who1.jpg

who2.jpg
who3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In 5 years of purchasing their steelbooks I've only ever had one damaged case but thankfully it wasn't a sold out one. Luck of the Irish I guess

That is lucky - I've had quite a few over the years, including some where it's taken three or more attempts for Zavvi to send me an undamaged one! Plus several occasions where I've had to settle for a partial refund as the title has been sold out (rather than going to the bay or other source to try and get an undamaged copy). Fortunately, in the latter cases, the damage has been relatively minor, but I still would have gone for a replacement had it still been available.

That is lucky - I've had quite a few over the years, including some where it's taken three or more attempts for Zavvi to send me an undamaged one! Plus several occasions where I've had to settle for a partial refund as the title has been sold out (rather than going to the bay or other source to try and get an undamaged copy). Fortunately, in the latter cases, the damage has been relatively minor, but I still would have gone for a replacement had it still been available.

I know how you feel, there have been some months that were great and then ones that are not.

3rdDoctorReaction.gif

Even though I only had the one damaged, it really was pain trying to get it sorted out so I can sympathize with those who have has ongoing problems with damaged steels especially those in the USA. But if they did proper packaging I suspect 90% of the damage problems would disappear overnight.

I must have bought over 150 steelbooks from Zavvi and only ever had 2 that were damaged.

V For Vendetta had dings to 2 corners and a minor dent underneath and The Incredibles which had a nasty scratch on the front. The damage was under the shrinkwrap in both cases and half under the J-card on The Incredibles. Both white boxes were still fine.

I got a partial refund on V For Vendetta as it was (and remained) out of stock. The Incredibles was annoying as I wanted a replacement but by the time Zavvi got the damaged one back it was out of stock again (even though they could have posted one out straight away or at least saved one like I requested). I got a refund and fortunately bought one at cost price on Ebay the next day which was fine.

Here's hoping this arrives today or tomorrow in great condition.

The Incredibles was annoying as I wanted a replacement but by the time Zavvi got the damaged one back it was out of stock again (even though they could have posted one out straight away or at least saved one like I requested).
That happened to me with Electra! Most annoying! Although, like you, I did manage to get one off the bay, although I think it was slightly above cost price (so not too bad, and could have been a lot worse).

Still waiting for mine. Although I wasn't expecting quick delivery given how useless Royal Mail are at delivering post.
I have to admit I was rather surprised! I was expecting delivery tomorrow at best, or most likely on Saturday! Some titles have taken ages to get to me...

It actually looks better in hand than my pictures suggest. It has a glossy finish, but the pictures make it appear matte for some reason (possibly to do with the lighting etc.).

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm surprised to hear it's got a gloss finish, as yes, your pictures do make it look matte. That and the fact that series 9 was a matte finish, and that really would have popped with a gloss one instead.

I still not had my debit card charged or my order despatched yet

I will have to wait until Monday before I contact Zavvi as I would only get a auto reply the release date not until Monday 25th if I contacted before that

The Spearhead From Space steelbook definitely books better in my opinion, although I love both. Here's hoping we get some more Doctor Who steelbooks; a Day of the Doctor one would be brilliant.

How many Doctor Who steels are there, I added this and the two Dalek ones to my collection and also there is the season 9 one what else is there?

How many Doctor Who steels are there, I added this and the two Dalek ones to my collection and also there is the season 9 one what else is there?

Doctor Who Series 5 (Matt Smith) crack in the wall theme artwork, is the other one, it's a Jumbo Steelbook.