Doctor Who: The Evil of the Daleks (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Feb 22, 2013
UK
Release date: September 27, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £28.99 (Amazon)

1625150921338.jpeg

1625150946855.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GeoRattray
I haven't been a fan of the recent animation steelbooks, with the Tardis being surrounded by monsters and the characters' backs on the back. This is pretty much more of the same, BUT I can't say no to a cover with the Emperor Dalek looking that awesome. Plus, the standard cover is looking a little underwhelming so I think this will be the one for me. Three discs included, so should have a good selection of extras.

i'm surprised about what the Doctor appears to be doing on the inner art. looks to really be seeking better grip and purchase. not often you hear of the Doctor going for a reach around (that's usually more of a Captain Jack thing). :LOL:

Can I ask if anyone has had problems with disk two (the colour episodes) of the blu-ray edition of this. I bought the steelbook version as a Christmas present to myself when it was released.

I settled down to watch it for the first time on New Years Eve.
Basically, only episodes 1 and 4 will play properly.
Episode 2 is fine until around the 14 minute mark then the picture goes all shuddery and loses sound. Pausing it for a few seconds will restore it but only for a few seconds before it starts doing it again.
Episodes 3, 5, 6 and 7 won't even play at all.
And yes, I have cleaned the heads with a professional head cleaner and it makes no difference at all. And other discs play fine.

Now you could say "what you moaning about, just watch the black & white episodes (and I since have done)" but thats not the point. I paid for both versions.

I just would like to know if this is just my disk 2 or if its been a wider problem.

Can I ask if anyone has had problems with disk two (the colour episodes) of the blu-ray edition of this. I bought the steelbook version as a Christmas present to myself when it was released.

Episode 2 is fine until around the 14 minute mark then the picture goes all shuddery and loses sound. Pausing it for a few seconds will restore it but only for a few seconds before it starts doing it again.
And yes, I have cleaned the heads with a professional head cleaner and it makes no difference at all. And other discs play fine.

Now you could say "what you moaning about, just watch the black & white episodes (and I since have done)" but thats not the point. I paid for both versions.

I just would like to know if this is just my disk 2 or if its been a wider problem.
I take it you're selecting the episodes individually from the episode or chapter select? I'll check out my copy later tonight to see how it plays. I've only watched the black and white version, but did try out the colour disc afterwards, just to compare some scenes and remember episodes 6 & 7 worked fine for me (for the brief minutes that I looked at through the episodes).

My copy seems to work fine on all episodes.