Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Reactions
67,764 12 0
Release date: March 18, 2019
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £28.99 (Zavvi) - £40.84 (Amazon) - £24.99 (HMV)

71mnB92V8dL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Reactions
41,328 9 0
Doctor Who Season 4 from 1966/1967
Patrick Troughton

Product Description
The original 1967 master recordings of 'The Macra Terror' were lost soon after the programme's original transmission. However, audio-only recordings have survived and have been used here to create a brand new fully animated reconstruction of this lost classic. With highly detailed hand-drawn animation carefully lip-synced with the original 1967 audio, this new production allows viewers to once again experience this Doctor Who chiller in full.

Jul 27, 2012
Reactions
186 0 0
Really looking forward to this. It's not a "classic" story but still really enjoyable. I remember last time I listened to the off air soundtrack I noticed how visual a story it was so it will be nice to get some animation on it.

It doesn't mention it anywhere in the product description but I hope it is a definitive package like Power of the Daleks. That had a colour animation, a black and white animation (which had a film train effect which made it look a bit more like it was from the 60's), a telesnap reconstruction, photo galleries etc.

Does make me wonder what their plans are for these complete season box sets they have started? I assumed they would have left all this sort of stuff to be exclusive selling points for the box sets.

Lollard2002

Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
Belfast
Reactions
2,153 1 0
Really looking forward to this. It's not a "classic" story but still really enjoyable. I remember last time I listened to the off air soundtrack I noticed how visual a story it was so it will be nice to get some animation on it.
I saw it on it's original transmission and you really have to see it to appreciate it. it is a classic in every sense. But will I buy this?. No. The only way i want to watch it again is the way I did back in the 60's, an actual recovered print. Sorry but these animations don't interest me.

Tacozilla

Premium Supporter
Dec 3, 2012
Liverpool (UK)
Reactions
7,627 0 0
I haven't really bothered buying these individual doctor who releases, I don't find any of the ones released so far that iconic. Now, if Genesis of the Daleks was released in steelbook form, I would buy that in a heartbeat

Aug 9, 2016
Reactions
752 1 0
I assume complete-season steelbooks will happen as soon as sales of the regular blu-ray boxed sets start to slow down, so it's hard to get excited about the random lost-story releases. Even one steelbook for each classic Doctor, with several of the real classic stories—that would be fun.