Doctor Who: The Series 13 Specials (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: November 7, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £39.99 (Zavvi)

915n01TPS+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91ncDZB7PPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81AWnXQqUSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So they released two specials earlier in a simple amaray, now added a third and put it in a steel.
I bought all three new seasons in digipacks, I wanted a digipack for the specials as well.

Amazon UK at the moment price is as usual the RRP which happens a lot with amazon listings when they go live

Price will drop before release date likely to £29.99 or less as they often match HMV prices

When you do a order with amazon if price drops after you done a pre order the price drop is automatically applied in your order
Amazon price guarantee covers to close of business on release date

Contents
Eve of the Daleks
On New Year’s Eve, the appearance of an executioner Dalek means Sarah and Nick’s countdown to midnight will be the strangest and deadliest they have ever known. Can the Doctor, Yaz and Dan save them?

Legend of the Sea Devils
The Doctor, Yaz and Dan come face to fin with some of the Doctor’s oldest adversaries, the Sea Devils. What terrifying forces lurk beneath the oceans of the 19th century?

Centenary Special
Her final battle. Her deadliest enemies. The Thirteenth Doctor faces multiple threats from Daleks, Cybermen and the Master, in a fight for her very existence.

Well from a commercial point of view the current show has been a disaster in terms of both ratings and merchandising sales. From that perspective it's a disaster in the excepted sense of the word regardless if you a fan or not....
This

It’s killed the show a bit

The actors, the writing, retcons of old lore (timeless child crap) on top of that

Hopefully RTD just pretends this era never happened and retcons it

• Thanks
Reactions: Bunk
You can't have both.

Either he pretends it never happened, or he acknowledges it, and retcons it.

Neither will happen. Nor should they.
Look as something is done I don’t care what

From a writing point, it’s a little lazy and disrespectful to go back to like the very beginning and overwrite what was set up, smaller things sure but the entire origin story. William Hartnell was the original Doctor and always will be.

Writing should be pushing stuff forward not going back and change previous showrunners work for quick “gasps”.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Look as something is done I don’t care what

From a writing point, it’s a little lazy and disrespectful to go back to like the very beginning and overwrite what was set up, smaller things sure but the entire origin story. William Hartnell was the original Doctor and always will be.

Writing should be pushing stuff forward not going back and change previous showrunners work for quick “gasps”.
The show is going to stay the way it is and a continuation of what has been done over the past few years. I would seriously look for your entertainment elsewhere if you are not a fan of the current show.

It's extremely easy to sit and be angry online but every idea upsets someone, somewhere. And true fan boys know more then most what they would do if given that power of showrunner. I know if i was show runner I'd have some ideas that would probably upset some people as I'm sure other fan would have ideas that would equally annoy myself and countless others. Its the end of that era now on to the next. As for the whole "doctor who is dead, this era killed the show". No it really hasn't. Doctor Who has nearly 60 year legacy and I'd argue since 2018 the shows become a bit of a juggernaut again in terms of physical media sales with both Steelbook and collection ranges. Which no one can argue with. Then there's the animations of old lost episodes from both 1st and 2nd doctor runs most of which were released over the last 5 years. Big finish which dives into any and almost every aspect of the shows history anyone could dream of. And as for the Steelbook itself its by far the best looking release of the thirteenth doctors 4 Steelbooks. And lastly on the point of "Writing should be pushing stuff forward not going back and change previous showrunners work for quick “gasps”" therefore you don't want anything done. By your own words showrunners shouldn't go and undo others work so... and let's not forget that lovely long 60 year history of showrunners doing that, RTD "the time war destroyed gallifay" Moffat "it wasn't destroyed it was lost In a pocket dimension". Time to move on.

Well from a commercial point of view the current show has been a disaster in terms of both ratings and merchandising sales. From that perspective it's a disaster in the excepted sense of the word regardless if you a fan or not....
You have proof of this commercial failure?

You have proof of this commercial failure?
I know plenty of people in the trade and shops and they have told me they can't shift NU-Who stuff for love of money. Classic Who no problems. Even before Jodie's first season came out on DVD and blu-ray amazon were offering 35% discount. They still didn't shift. At David Tennants height he was shifting over 350 thousand DVD's in sales. Jodie barely sold 7 thousand DVDs and most ended up on ebay. I read the trade figures on that a few years back. Haven't seen the recent season yet. No idea on the blu-ray sales. A Tom Baker figurine at £300 sold out within hours. They can't even shift A Jodie Whittaker toy at £20 reduced to £3....

Reactions: Bunk