Does anyone else use an online database to keep track of your steelbook collection?

May 15, 2020
Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct sub-forum but does anyone else use an online database to keep track of your physical media and steelbook collection?

I use bd.com. Are there any better ones? It seems very comprehensive but there's still a couple of steelbooks that I own that are not listed there and I've tried a couple of times to add them to the database but I can't seem to ever get them on the database.. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have a spreadsheet, paste in the cover too and some data like which country, when it was released, how much I paid for it and when.

This way I'm not depended on anything, websites can go away, be hacked and so on. And better for my privacy too.

Try CLZ off the App Store. I use their suite of products to manage my SteelBook, Comic, Vinyl, & Video Game Collections. They’ve also got a great online community, and assorted Facebook Groups.

I have a photo library of all my 4K and Blu Ray releases over the past 10 years. Nothing from before that though. Been collecting Physical Media for a looooong time including VHS (Yes, I'm old) so I really should at some point

I personally use the 'My Movies 3 Pro' app. Have done for years. I'm not a fan of monthly subscription models (hence the physical media collection!) so although this is a paid-for option, once you've bought it that's the only payment to make. They do a major update every few years which requires a re-purchase to get the latest features but I think it's reasonably priced for what you get. There is a free version (just called 'My Movies 3') which allows you to add up to 50 titles to trial it.

Sometimes it takes a short while to have new releases added to the database, but you can provide the info to the developers via the app which speeds up the process.

You can also export the full database (as PDF or MS Excel) which I do occasionally just in case it ever does disappear!

I only use myshelf.org

20221006-110239.jpg

I create an event in Google calendar when I order or pay GBs, eg. Suicide Squad Steelbook, Manta, Direct £60. I can then just search anything from that title and it will tell me when I ordered it. I'll add release date in the details sometimes if I think I may be away when its due to be delivered

I use bd.com too. I think it’s the most comprehensive one as I can search by retailer bought from, and many other options. I have successfully added new movies or editions and uploaded covers.

One problem I encountered is the comment field has a text limit. I lost a lot of info when I found later that my comments had been truncated in some listings in my collection. It accepted the full text when first keyed in so it’s difficult to know what the text limit is.

I use bd.com too. I think it’s the most comprehensive one as I can search by retailer bought from, and many other options. I have successfully added new movies or editions and uploaded covers.

One problem I encountered is the comment field has a text limit. I lost a lot of info when I found later that my comments had been truncated in some listings in my collection. It accepted the full text when first keyed in so it’s difficult to know what the text limit is.

Check out the DB of my previous post. Give it a try.

BD.com has one if you sign up

How exactly one use this bd.com, cause when I get to the address, this is what I see:
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 21.07.36.png

• Haha
Reactions: Real Steel
We don't allow links to other forums here, so BD.com is just an acronym rather than the actual URL. Sorry for the confusion!
So you're telling me that the "Trak.Tv" and "h t t p s : / / b l u r a y - d i s c . d e" are also "bogus"?
Can I somehow know what are the actual links?