Donnie Darko (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: April 26, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £35.00 (Arrow) - £34.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)

143544778_4027739017260062_3412368921620493544_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep - get the cheaper standalone 4K amaray and pop the 4K disc into the previous (better) Arrow Blu ray Collector's edition
My thoughts exactly. The old box set has DVD discs included, so one can easily use those trays for new 4K discs. Should look great.

But will there *certainly* be a standard, cheaper 4K edition (without the book) down the road? Wouldn't want to miss the discs.

The book, content-wise, seems the same, but it says "100 pages", while the old one has approx. 90.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Here's the artist, for anyone interested...

He also done the recent releases Pitch Black and White fire :thumbs:

1612016251599.png
1612016286217.png

Oh and my little Avatar up there in the corner :D The fella is a brilliant Artist :thumbs:
Here's one of the Gears 5 pieces I picked up from him

Attachments

• 1612016281287.png
    1612016281287.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Then I am f*cked, I just placed my order via arrow :oops:

guy delivery GIF
Never received a damaged item from arrow. It is packaged well enough but you cant know who handles the package. Pluss you get reward points from arrow when its shipped. I see people here saying its cheaper elsewhere, but if you plan to order more you can save ALOT on buying directly from their store.

I always have the option to choose tracking on anything I buy, so I think yes. Not sure if that's also the case for shipping to Finland tho..

No, I do not have that option ? How much is the shipping with and without tracking if I may ask ?

I don't trust Zavvi much anymore. The last few orders I got from them came in a Jiffy bag, and quite a few of them came with some damages to them. I don't mint superficial marking/creases etc., but when the case come cracked or dented, then I don't find that acceptable. So I pre-ordered this and Battle Royale 4K sets from HMV (my preferred place to pre-order & buy stuff from) and already paid for them. Though the bank account does not look healthy.

I don't trust Zavvi much anymore. The last few orders I got from them came in a Jiffy bag, and quite a few of them came with some damages to them. I don't mint superficial marking/creases etc., but when the case come cracked or dented, then I don't find that acceptable. So I pre-ordered this and Battle Royale 4K sets from HMV (my preferred place to pre-order & buy stuff from) and already paid for them. Though the bank account does not look healthy.
Unfortunately I'm very much in the same boat when it comes to Zavvi. The issues I've had going on with them have been for some months now and they have continued to rectify them but I'm still waiting for items to turn up.
I will only order from them if the item is exclusive,if not then ill order elsewhere plus their packaging on these type of items isn't great :cautious:

I hope we get new artwork for The thing (1982) Anniversary UHD release next year:whistle: Not that the artwork on the old arrow release is bad

Reactions: zeebeer
Whats the difference between this set and the previous 4K version released in 2016. Is it just different artwork with the same content or is this new version a new restoration etc

s-l1600.jpg