Mediabook Doomsday Blu-ray Mediabook [Austria]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Thank you Snowblood for making me aware of this one. You could say that I am a "bit" of a fan of Rhona Mitra, so it pains me to have to post details about this:) But this was limited to 10,000 and the film itself is a must, IMO, for you "Apocalyptic" film flick fans. And, um, did I say Rhona was in it? I just picked this up myself through a family member, and am stoked;)

HD Trailer:

Ok, ok, here we go-pics courtesy of "Sammlerstucke" website.

Available at http://dvdfsk18.com/ and several other sites.

<TABLE id=Tabelle209 style="HEIGHT: 168px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 20px" vAlign=top><TD class=A5>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 87px"><TD class=A5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=750 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE id=Tabelle210 style="HEIGHT: 80px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 20px"><TD width=126><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>
Bild727_1.jpg

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=124><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=124><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=125><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=125><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=126><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 20px"><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=37 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextObject>

<!--
-->

<!--
-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
:oohyeah:looks nice digibabe,still got to get myself one.
the film is top class,i really want this now.

Really? I heard it sucked pretty bad so I never bothered with it. Me thinks I am going to have to rent it this weekend

Cheers
CrashKelly

P.S. Rhona is HOT, and I loved her in Hollow Man :oohyeah:
Disclaimer: I do not enjoy seeing the treatment of women such as is found in the particular scene of Hollow Man I am referring to, but in that scene she has just gotten out of the shower and is nekkid ---- giggity giggity

Last edited:
Really? I heard it sucked pretty bad so I never bothered with it. Me thinks I am going to have to rent it this weekend

Cheers
CrashKelly

P.S. Rhona is HOT, and I loved her in Hollow Man :oohyeah:
Disclaimer: I do not enjoy seeing the treatment of women such as is found in the particular scene of Hollow Man I am referring to, but in that scene she has just gotten out of the shower and is nekkid ---- giggity giggity

this film kicks-ass,it's an excellent bit of entertainment.

Crash-this is one of those where you just watch it for what it is. If you're a fan of this woman, it's a must see. An Oscar winner it is not-but despite the fact that I am not usually into any kind of gore, I really enjoyed this one. The AQ is also not half-bad, and she kicks ass in this flick:)

Crash-this is one of those where you just watch it for what it is. If you're a fan of this woman, it's a must see. An Oscar winner it is not-but despite the fact that I am not usually into any kind of gore, I really enjoyed this one. The AQ is also not half-bad, and she kicks ass in this flick:)

I understand the scene from the perspective of how twisted Kevin Bacon's character had become, but I think it was unnecessary to take it as far as they did. A simple "in the room" peeping tom scene would have done the same ........ and she still would have been nekkid :D

I am into a bit of gore in movies, the slasher kind where gender is not a factor as everyone gets hacked up equally, but I am not into the stereotypical female bashing as a necessary component of the storyline

Cheers
CrashKelly

Hey Crash-yes, I could not agree more with the lack of necessity for some of these cruel scenes.

I was actually referring to Doomsday with my reply. But I agree, some scenes are thrown in to be gratuitious. I need to rewatch Hollow Man for the specific scene you are mentioning. In "The Life of David Gale", Rhona plays an opposite character to the one she portrays in Hollow Man-in the latter she is a very manipulating (and sexy) character, and here a specific scene is deliberately instigated by her, for instance.

In Doomsday, she is tortured by loons, but the good news is, she is a warrior, and gets her revenge. The violence and gore is definitely gratuitious in Doomsday, but given the story of the virus-infected population and subsequent "insanity" of the people it makes sense. She is a daredevil in this flick, and her gender comes second to her character's ability to "fight her ass off", to say it colloquially. So, the character is definitely paramount to the story-she just "happens to be" a female. I love tough, smart female leads, and this one, albeit being an action role (and not a meaty, Oscar-worthy performance), helped set her up as a female actress that is not afraid of taking on roles traditionally played by "tough guy" dudes, which is cool.

Last edited:
Hey Crash-yes, I could not agree more with the lack of necessity for some of these cruel scenes.

I was actually referring to Doomsday with my reply. But I agree, some scenes are thrown in to be gratuitious. I need to rewatch Hollow Man for the specific scene you are mentioning. In "The Life of David Gale", Rhona plays an opposite character to the one she portrays in Hollow Man-in the latter she is a very manipulating (and sexy) character, and here a specific scene is deliberately instigated by her, for instance.

In Doomsday, she is tortured by loons, but the good news is, she is a warrior, and gets her revenge. The violence and gore is definitely gratuitious in Doomsday, but given the story of the virus-infected population and subsequent "insanity" of the people it makes sense. She is a daredevil in this flick, and her gender comes second to her character's ability to "fight her ass off", to say it colloquially. So, the character is definitely paramount to the story-she just "happens to be" a female. I love tough, smart female leads, and this one, albeit being an action role (and not a meaty, Oscar-worthy performance), helped set her up as a female actress that is not afraid of taking on roles traditionally played by "tough guy" dudes, which is cool.

Opps on the mix-up of movies, must have just been focused on replay the Hollow Man scene in my mind :naughty:

Definately going to have to get Doomsday as I feel victim to the critics and reviewers, something I almost never do, and so have never watched it. I think it is awesome when females take on roles like you are speaking about as the term "kick ass" is definately not one that should be reserved for males.

To boot, you get the action candy and the eye candy all rolled up into one :D

Cheers
CrashKelly

Wreck-yeah, definitely worth a rental at least. Inet had it for $10 a while back, but some reported that there was some strange sound encoding issue with the Canada version (something about the center channel), so I'd rent the US version if you can. I saw a Youtube video about the Media Book and of course I thought it was "hot", because I am a fracken Geek (and to think in HS, I was a nerd+a jock). Now I have all bases covered: Nerd, Jock, Geek, LOL:)

And now I am gettin' outta this thread, before I, myself, go up in flames of "heat" exhaustion;)

Last edited: