Dredd (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #50) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 28, 2016 (Standard) - November 28, 2016 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2 - FAC Edition #3 - FAC Edition #4
Price: 799 CZK (Standard) 899 CZK (Edition 1) - 1,099 CZK (Edition 2) - 2,199 CZK (Edition 3) - 899 CZK (Edition 4)
Notes: E1 1001 copies - E2 751 copies - E3 HardBox (E1+E2) 701 copies
HDN Group buys: E1 Edition only - E2 Edition only - E3 Edition - Hardbox - E4 Edition - E5 Edition (Scanavo Case)

Full Slip Scanavo Case release thread HERE

14500618_1121726877944287_8995416052392451215_o.jpg 14615697_1124417451008563_5818685714201523935_o.jpg e4 large.jpg 14711185_1126890000761308_6279040377028082339_o.jpg
dreedd.jpg dredd.jpg
Dredd_front_cz_emboss.jpg Dredd_front_cz.jpg dredd_inside.jpg
12226534_1222959997720552_994042168_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My regular collectible no is 330.

How does that work out with the hardbox? I only ordered a lenti? I see the number 330 mentioned in Karel's post on the previous page.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jaxxx
My regular collectible no is 330.

How does that work out with the hardbox? I only ordered a lenti? I see the number 330 mentioned in Karel's post on the previous page.
HB releases are numbered like any other FAC release, in this case from 0 to 700, e.g. "HBFS #6 / 330 of 700 / LIMITED EDITION" (slashes for line breaks).

These are now either selling at a loss or at cost. We have had enough Dredds. No more of it please.
:LOL: Film Studios don't do Blu-ray releases for the purpose of already purchased as in sold to customers from retailers be sold on ebay
A sold out release or a release that sells most of the stock as in 70%+ is a release that has sold well

If someone sells on ebay and makes a loss that's Karma to me especially to scalpers :p
The film distributor and retailer has a release that has sold well that's all that matters in retail

If Dredd ever gets a sequel approved you can be sure you will see more re-releases of Dredd happen and most likely more steelbook releases

I just wish I can live in the same cloud cuckoo land of yours. :rofl:
Film distributors and retailers sold out films releases before even ebay existed and even if ebay shut down tomorrow it would still be the same.
A high demand release sells well without the need for third party sellers all that happens is scalpers prevent the public getting a release at normal price and any release a scalper males a loss is happy days as far as I'm concerned the more customers that refuse to pay the high prices on ebay the better.

I would suggest most of the general public don't pay the scalpers the prices they ask for let them pay for their greed don't purchase until they drop the price to retail or lower that way they will stop purchasing a release and leave the stock to be sold at normal price from the retailer.
Yes it the public who are partly to blame by paying these prices they need to learn if you don't pay the high prices the scalper will stop listing high price or stop purchasing.

A retailer only needs to sell a % of stock to make a overall profit as in 60% to 70% of the stock
Some retailers it's even less due to extra file discount on top of the trade price they have which can be as high as extra 15%/20% - 30% discount on the trade price with retailers that order lot of stock regulary
Some it's less than 50% of the stock sold and their in profit
Once they sold amount of stock that makes a profit it a success and any extra sales is a bonus

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ashisarobot
Film distributors and retailers sold out films releases before even ebay existed and even if ebay shut down tomorrow it would still be the same.
A high demand release sells well without the need for third party sellers all that happens is scalpers prevent the public getting a release at normal price and any release a scalper males a loss is happy days as far as I'm concerned the more customers that refuse to pay the high prices on ebay the better.

I would suggest most of the general public don't pay the scalpers the prices they ask for let them pay for their greed don't purchase until they drop the price to retail or lower that way they will stop purchasing a release and leave the stock to be sold at normal price from the retailer.
Yes it the public who are partly to blame by paying these prices they need to learn if you don't pay the high prices the scalper will stop listing high price or stop purchasing.

A retailer only needs to sell a % of stock to make a overall profit as in 60% to 70% of the stock
Some retailers it's even less due to extra file discount on top of the trade price they have which can be as high as extra 15%/20% - 30% discount on the trade price with retailers that order lot of stock regulary
Some it's less than 50% of the stock sold and there in profit
Once they sold amount of stock that makes a profit it a success and any extra sales is a bonus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This!

Is @lgans316 a scalper? He seems very hung up about after market prices.
@lgans316 is not a scalper, no. Check his sales thread, many items offered at or below cost. So not the definition of a scalper ;) Indeed, he cares about after-market prices and value of his collection which I believe is ok given the amount we invest in our collectibles :)

@lgans316 is not a scalper, no. Check his sales thread, many items offered at or below cost. So not the definition of a scalper ;) Indeed, he cares about after-market prices and value of his collection which I believe is ok given the amount we invest in our collectibles :)

Thanks for that. :thumbs: Note that I am not a saint either lol. Like many collectors, I do buy and resell the extras, and the ones I lose my interest upon Otherwise, I will need an additional room which is a luxury for those generation rent living in super cheap London. :) I was about to purchase a home finally but had to pull out due to some change in circumstances. So I am now even more wary when it comes to throwing silly money at every Premium Steelbook. I have been collecting for years, it is in my blood but sadly I can only take so much. It was fun few years back as there were limited number of releases at affordable prices. Now whenever I look at the final amount to pay in PayPal, it is quite shocking. :wow:

Of course, we will have to selective blah blah but what I am not liking is retailers flooding the market. This release is a prime example of an excellent retailer turning greedy. 5 editions of a single film? Seriously?

Thanks for that. :thumbs: Note that I am not a saint either lol. Like many collectors, I do buy and resell the extras, and the ones I lose my interest upon Otherwise, I will need an additional room which is a luxury for those generation rent living in super cheap London. :) I was about to purchase a home finally but had to pull out due to some change in circumstances. So I am now even more wary when it comes to throwing silly money at every Premium Steelbook. I have been collecting for years, it is in my blood but sadly I can only take so much. It was fun few years back as there were limited number of releases at affordable prices. Now whenever I look at the final amount to pay in PayPal, it is quite shocking. :wow:

Of course, we will have to selective blah blah but what I am not liking is retailers flooding the market. This release is a prime example of an excellent retailer turning greedy. 5 editions of a single film? Seriously?

I guess the multiple releases ensure they sell out all their steelbooks.

It's annoying though, missing out on a release and seeing ebay flooded with over priced listings.

I think most releases will drop in value bar from the odd few, same as any collectable.

Reactions: lgans316

7 releases if you count the plain Scanavo case and Steelbook!

I agree it seems excessive, but Film Arena must of thought there was demand?

And low and behold, they sold out! :thumbs: