Mediabook Drive - Blu-ray Mediabook [Germany]

MK50

Premium Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Frankfurt, Germany
Release date: October 26th
Price: € 11,99
Link: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B008KWID54/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

But they all will look "horrible" IMO!!!

attachment.php

Universum Film veröffentlicht nur wenige Monate nach der Blu-ray Disc-Veröffentlichung des Thrillers "Drive" mit Ryan Gosling bereits im Rahmen der Reihe "Große Kinomomente" eine Neuauflage des Films auf Blu-ray Disc. Diese wird im Unterschied zur bereits erhältlichen Fassung im Mediabook verkauft allerdings auch nur die geschnittene FSK 16-Version enthalten. Statt 100 Minuten Laufzeit der FSK 18-Version ist die "Große Kinomomente"-Neuauflage mit der FSK 16-Fassung um zwei Minuten gekürzt. Die ungeschnittene FSK 18-Blu-ray Disc wird aber auch weiterhin im Handel erhältlich sein.

Translation (essence!): will be the FSK16 Cut version in the Mediabook, will be shorter/cut for 2 minutes!

There will be some other interesting titles released in these series (Ufa: Große Kinomomente)

Company Men (Große Kinomomente) (12,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Deliver us from Evil (Große Kinomomente) (11,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Der Mandant (Große Kinomomente) (11,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Drive (Große Kinomomente) (11,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Dream House (16,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Die Haut, in der ich wohne (Große Kinomomente) (11,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Die Tür (Große Kinomomente) (12,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Easy Money (Große Kinomomente) (12,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Perfect Sense (Große Kinomomente) (12,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Roller Girl (Große Kinomomente) (11,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
The Fighter (Große Kinomomente) (11,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
The King’s Speech – Die Rede des Königs (Große Kinomomente) (12,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
The Road (Große Kinomomente) (12,99 EUR bei amazon.de)
Warrior (Große Kinomomente) (11,99 EUR bei amazon.de)

Attachments

• drive_bd_kse_3d_310x310.jpg
    drive_bd_kse_3d_310x310.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree... that artwork looks horrible, but I'll still probably pick it up just to complete my Drive collection.

Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Bluprint and MK50
Ugh, they are missing the boat. Media Book Collectors degenerally love the art feature on front. They're making these look like 'Criterion' -esque covers. Pass, I'll still with UK Steel :scat:

That does look quite ugly and it's not even because of the 3/4 purple packaging they used; it's the photo. Out of all the pics they could've used from the film, they chose that one? :hilarious:

Reactions: Bluprint
These seem incredibly cheap for mediabooks, but then it appears that no expense has been spent on cover design!;)

Does anyone have any photographic evidence that these are actually mediabooks? I don't mean to be sceptical, but I think it would be better to wait until we have an image of one, or a written a review of one before we add these to the upcoming list.

These seem incredibly cheap for mediabooks, but then it appears that no expense has been spent on cover design!;)

Does anyone have any photographic evidence that these are actually mediabooks? I don't mean to be sceptical, but I think it would be better to wait until we have an image of one, or a written a review of one before we add these to the upcoming list.

Agree. They look like those editions from Meisterwerke in HD Edition line which were first informed as digibooks but in the end were digipaks. I'll await more information before ordering.

Meanwhile, I'm anxious and waiting for the Drive (Hungarian edition) group buy. ;)

Big Thanks to Patrick_Star at another forum

there are some real pics about 'Oceans', also in these series.
It's a real media book.;)

Attachments

• P1110058.jpg
    P1110058.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 130
  • P1110059.jpg
    P1110059.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 143
  • P1110060.jpg
    P1110060.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 158
These really are very cheap looking. Have you noticed the staples holding the pages in place in softandy's third photo for the Oceans edition above?